Antibiotics for dogs- Cephalexin???

Cephalexin: This is one of the best drugs for skin and wound infections and I use it for almost everything. It is easy to come by without prescription, and inexpensive. Two common brand names are Keflex and Celaxin, and it is often prescribed for acne. Cephalexin only comes in oral form, and the dose is 15 mg per pound of body weight, given every 8 to 12 hours depending on the severity of the problem. If you are using a maintenance dose, give it every 12 hours. If the dog has an infection already, use it every 8 hrs. Either Cephalexin or Clavamox (see below) are “must have" drug for your vet kit. The fish-version of cephalexin is called cefalexin (Fish-Flex) and can be ordered in 250 mg capsules without a prescription. The 250 mg capsule is a perfect dose for a 15 pound dog.

Came across this ealier, anybody used this Fish-Flex?

Atb

Rob

Edited by rob84

• 5 weeks later...

Has anyone got any links for anibiotics ,cheers :thumbs:

bri bell us bud got plenty here..fishmox and fish flex are ok but cheap to get find terramicina much better hope this helps..welsh

cheers dave speak to you soon mate :thumbs:

id be a bit concerned with them its well known a lot of this stuff from thialand is just washing powder etc made into pills , stick to proper manafaurers with respected names ie bayer - gsk- intervet etc

The seller i got mine from was genuine, iv used um and the wound i was using them for WOULD of got infected if they werent genuine. It was a 6 inch long gash made by rusty barbed wire.