Here's some pics of the greenie mules i bred last year,i used a lutino carrier normal cock and did get lucky with the clear/lutino mule so this year i thought i'd use his son who is coloured lutino with the same hen just on the off chance it's throw out a clear/lutino again but have had only one chick from them so far from around a dozen eggs :censored: and thats normal coloured.Anyway some pics.

Last years pairing

Picture111-1.jpg

what they produced.

Picture118-1.jpg

Picture307-1.jpg

Picture320-1.jpg

Picture371.jpg

Picture370.jpg

Put the cock with a lutino coloured greenie hen and they produced this chick.

Picture761.jpg

Picture760.jpg

The lutino greenie hen.

Picture1103-1.jpg

the lutino chick again,as you can see he is more yellow than his mother.

Picture1050.jpg

A few more of these and i'll be a happy man,my clear/lutino greenie mule.

Picture1094.jpg

• Like 4

When's the best time to get them fireman I'm new to keeping birds so I'm still learning

It's getting on now this time of year and to be honest anything any good will be being used 99% of the time,but saying that things do happen to folks and they do get rid of good stuff mid season.I'd get some greenies towards the end of the year now as any youngsters will need to moult out and a few greenies fall fowl at this stage so better off waiting till the moults over,join one of the bird forums and there's so much more help than i can give you as i'm only a newbie at this game myself really.British Birds in Aviculture is a good one and there's many many good bird folk in your part of the world that would help you.

Thanks folks and i'll sort some pics of this years young and some other birds i have.

Edited by fireman

The only problem is that Lutino/Clear mule will be a hen. Not much call for hen mules on the show bench or in the singing cage. Pretty little thing all the same should make a decent foster parent.

She is a hen your right but i'm pleased with her and she'd be the one i keep if i only could keep one bird sort of thing,I'll put some new pics up of her as she's not been colour fed this year as is changing into a more yellow bird rather than the peachy colour she has been.She hasn't even built a nest though this year and in fact only one of my hen mules has done and i've needed a foster mum once or twice this year as well.

Some more pics,

Better pic of the lutino greenie cock

Picture219-1.jpg

Picture210.jpg

silver lesser redpoll hen sitting hard.

Picture209.jpg

red factor hen

Picture215.jpg

chaffie cock

Picture213.jpg

in his flight.

Picture214.jpg

greenie chicks,one normal,one lutino.

Picture211.jpg

The mule chick i've been hand rearing

Picture218.jpg

Picture217.jpg

the lutino greenie mule,as you can see she's starting to yellow up and was wondering if i colour feed her will it mess up the yellow as i haven't seen it on her before and i like it anyone????.

Picture224.jpg

some not so clear pics.

Picture223.jpg

Picture221.jpg

Picture222.jpg.

• Like 1