hi guys bit of a problem here .

i was bidding on a car the other night and lost. . so i messaged the bloke saying that if he gets messed about i would still be willing to buy it

i was out bid in the last 10 seconds (how gutting)

right now this is the problem part.- the bloke messaged me back saying hes had no responce from the buyer

and that i might have chance of second offer

hes done a bit of detective work and hes found the original buyer to have bad feedback and messaged some of the people who gave him bad feed back which in fairness they say the blokes a tospot and full of no shows.

SO can the sellor retracted the tospots bid and give me the chance to buy or has he got to wait to see if he gets messed around aswell .

thanks for any replies in advance

Ive a mate who sell cars on the bay out of 10 that sell only 2 out the 10 ever get picked up seems theres a lot of messers on there as above keep bay out of it i expect youd bepaying cash any way the seller has the right to sell it u if the first buyer hasnt contacted him

He has to give the buyer 7 days to respond. If nothing, then he can give you the second offer. But definitly look at going outside ebay. But to get his fees redeemed he'll have to open a case and then wait upto a month for a case to close.

This way it gives the buyer & seller to sort out any problems they may have.

He might be a bit wary of selling to you straight away, just in case the buyer turns up and then "no mtor?"

Don't a lot of ads mention when you need to pay by? Usually within 5-7 days of the auction ending so I would check on that first, but ebay has rules to stop people making deals privately so I would keep it quiet or someone might end up having to pay their commission.

He has to give the buyer 7 days to respond. If nothing, then he can give you the second offer. But definitly look at going outside ebay. But to get his fees redeemed he'll have to open a case and then wait upto a month for a case to close.

This way it gives the buyer & seller to sort out any problems they may have.

He might be a bit wary of selling to you straight away, just in case the buyer turns up and then "no mtor?"

think this is bang on unless the seller has quoted payment within a set period of time say 3 days :thumbs:

Derbylad is right but its sometimes used as a con. He may have gotten a friend to bump price up to get top dollar but went too far and genuine bidders werent happy with price so hes left with bids from his mate and therefore offers second chances out.