The longer the course the better the dog, why??(Ireland)

now this is a good hare with a good bitch behind it .your whippet greyhound types dont kill these hares

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ctsay0_gpv0

aye I,ve watched the video and I must say I am impressed with the amount of stamina, however to say a grew type won,t kill these hares is a bold statement, how do you know a grew type wouldn,t have killed that hare and done it quicker, up and at them types can also run clever use the angles etc

trust me .they dont kill those hares .they are usually blown away and or the hare has beaten em into cover .only saluki hybrid type lurchershave that coursing brain and the physical attributes to get on top of a strong hare like this one and break it and ultimately kill it. if you had done any coursing you would fully understand the point im trying to make .whippet greys will kill the odd hares and kill em early season .but they dont kill good hares on open country like the one in the clip .yes we all know you need a fast dog for coursing but that fast dog needs to be able to run slow to kill those good hares .and any coursing man on here will know fully the point im trying to make

good bitch brookie on big land but over in ireland she wouldnt turn a hare it took her to long to turn it.in ireland apart from some parts the land is very small so diffrent dogs needed and not a lot of 6 minute runs on less u got a helecoptor to follow them.

do you no your dogs [bANNED TEXT] dog run on big land then run them on small land sum dogs take time to adapt to the land :bye:

• Replies 344
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

here we go lads .. cretin stone cold is our old friend markbrick .markbrick we all know what a lying dirty toerag he is .the same markbrick that sends people persistant pms threatening theyre kids and

how many have a stop watch on the job? 6 mins is probebly more like 3 /4 in reality

Seen plenty dogs last few seasons with 5\8 saluki or 3\4 doing stuff in ire regulary ill name a few huck for start this. Why I used him fantastic dog on any ground alfy 3\4 saluki done them for 3 seas

tHats a bitch use its brain cutting off the hare and getting the in the place it wants it for a strike.To say that dog could not do that in lreland is wrong.

Yes fast types would put more pressure on that hare or others but if they dont kill it then soon find themselves getting straight lined and the owner having to wait 20 ,30 mins before the dog can run again.

l like a fast up and at them but the have to stay on if needs be.

This grews or whippets crosses must be limited to a distance where you can slip from????

now this is a good hare with a good bitch behind it .your whippet greyhound types dont kill these hares

Just a question brookie why would yea put up a course like that on this topic ? Its about running hares in ireland its totally diffrent the hares a faster and tricker .Not running down that bitch she sure is a good one but dont think she would get away with that style over here .

no point falling out lads ...you lads with your whippit x greys get yourselfs down the fens in the middle of winter and give your dogs 3 or 4 runs in the morning and see how it goes..hope it goes well for yer ...alot of lads seem to think these saluki x,s only run the fens ..most of the lads i know get there dogs going local to them in small fields and if they dont do there job there then most dont get the trip down the fens.,.

some hares dont die in 2 or 3 mins no matter how good of a dog you think you have ...

• Like 1

In my experience of this its just different people different preference of dog. Some dog men may like a dog that kills quickly, Some might like a dog that puts on a little show for the owner. imo i like a dog that does a mixture of both, puts on a good run but does the job well :victory:

i think a faster dog would of got in there an put a lot more pressure on the hare an made it make a mistake but then that bitch could probably do what she did time an time again...an i wouldnt call it a plodder looked a very smart bitch an had every thing under control

some goodpoints there sorley mate .tina was a very fast bitch .those good fen hares dont make mistakes mate theyll draw a fast dog in. throw him out a mile and straighten out and gone .the dogs then got to pull that hare in again break him slow him down and start all over again ,such is the strength of a fen hare .field hares dont compare to fen hares .take it to pms or ring me and we have a chat and or come over in the stubble with your youngster youll enjoy it over here
  • Like 1

Good bitch that geoff that bitch running that speed cause she knows she gettin to it as I've said many times good dogs run them anywhere if that bitch over in ire couple outings she find her feet I've had many eng dogs over in ire couple outings if they good they adapt i run both countrys a couple times over in eng with good breeding they learn to run to suit the ground there on seen lota irish dogs in tight land in eng gear up be very tight put lota pressure on once quarry goes to heedge or dyke dog strikes cuz its smart enough to know wat its chasing is slowing down. Then I've seen irish dogs on opeen fen go fast into them soon as turn put in slow down to adapt to hare speed then use there ability but all boils down to if there good enough good dogs do this.

• Like 1

No offense to anyone here, but, i did start the topic for the lads in Ireland. I know that its a total different thing, running dogs here and Ireland and my respect goes out to the lads that have them good dogs for the fens ect. :thumbs:

However, this topic is about dogs running over here, cheers. :victory:

• Like 1

no point falling out lads ...you lads with your whippit x greys get yourselfs down the fens in the middle of winter and give your dogs 3 or 4 runs in the morning and see how it goes..hope it goes well for yer ...alot of lads seem to think these saluki x,s only run the fens ..most of the lads i know get there dogs going local to them in small fields and if they dont do there job there then most dont get the trip down the fens.,.

some hares dont die in 2 or 3 mins no matter how good of a dog you think you have ...

spot on snoop sometimes its a waste of time responding on here .a whippet grey on the fen middle of winter would be just like a helicopter .head down tail up

Speedie do you not think that that bitch if run in lreland few times she would not change the way she runs to kill the hares?????

You like asking me questions icey :D No i dont think so icey i seen alot of dogs come over and they did have some sucess over here. But their is very few places in ireland that a dog can get away with that style :D

Just a question brookie why would yea put up a course like that on this topic ? Its about running hares in ireland its totally diffrent the hares a faster and tricker .Not running down that bitch she sure is a good one but dont think she would get away with that style over here .

speedie no offence mate .but you aint got a clue .if that stuuff you keep can kill over there then trust me she would run riot over there .you constantly slate our dogs and shout about filming dogs .yet you put clips up of your dogs being dragged all over the place and not stopping one hare .and the time you come to england on the land your slating .you pull up in a van with the dogs name painted all over it and the dog f*****g jacks .you take it back home breed from it and argue the toss all day every day about how good it is .yes theres very good dogs in ieland .lucas being with out doubt the best of them proven both sides of the pond but those hares you run on those small fields aint no match for fen hares mate ..

Speedie do you not think that that bitch if run in lreland few times she would not change the way she runs to kill the hares?????

You like asking me questions icey :D No i dont think so icey i seen alot of dogs come over and they did have some sucess over here. But their is very few places in ireland that a dog can get away with that style :D

Who said she going use that style????Read what l wrote do you not think if run here few times she would not change her style to kill the hares here????How come the English dog cant do it in Ireland but the Irish dog can do it in England .Tell you what some you are full shit.As gorger said a good dog can kill them any where simple

I've seen some fine Whippet/Greys running on the fens, and its true, they just can't stay with a good hare. Speed wise, for the first couple of hundred yards they can be all over a hare, right on top of it, but fen hares seem to be born educated, and the best just don't die in less than at least 3 minutes unless they make a mistake, trip over etc.

The problem with videos is that the action seems sometimes slower than in reality, and you also don't see just how hard that bitch in the vid is working to keep the hare in the field: but then again, unless the viewer actually understands what they are watching, has seen a lot of dogs running on the fens, you can't really see what is happening between the dog and the hare: the way the dog is constantly reading the hare, laying off when its running in the direction the dog wants it to go, pumping hard to turn the hare away from where it is trying to get to.

That was a fantastic run :thumbs:

• Like 3