What is wrong with this rabbit?!?

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Milky doe, if he was better at skinning it would not have split and spilled the milk.   No use crying over spilled milk lads!

Its a milky doe with a tape worm cyst no problems its all protein

Posted Images

Ahh so it's not a nasty disease then? Was the big lump that put me off the most, and yes head shot mate didn't know if a pellet could do that to the eye though

Would you guys of ate it?

Atb

John

When you get a ruddy great pellet whacking in beside the eye at 600 feet per second (allowing for .22 and 14.3 grain pellets), things will look a tad swollen! If you get hit at 30 metres by a .22 pellet, where it hits will swell!

I agree with the above 2 posts. Cut the cyst out (carefully it contIns liquid) and freeze the meat for 3-4 weeks to kill off any parasites you've missed then wack it in a stew and try not to think about it!

As said above it's a Milky Doe :yes:

Usually you can tell before the milk starts to flow as the female has excessive fat between the skin and the muscle.

Often if you hit a bunny just at the side of the eye, it will break the Orbit of the eye socket and it has the effect of pushing the eyeball forward, escpecially if the pellet is on a slight angle towards the front of the face such as a Quatering Shot.

The lump, could be just a simple tear in the muscle facia from fighting or other previous injury, it's unlikely a Tapeworm cyste, however should you put a blade into the lump and get a lot of clear liquid out with little 'egg' like lumps then bin the whole meat carcase, as Tapeworm are very good at going from species to species (Including Humans) and they are very resiliant to things such as freezing and cooking.

The cysts usually look something like this :

DSC02116.jpg

The eggs:

DSC02118.jpg

And this is what Myxie usually looks like

DSC03744.jpg

Tony

To be honest I couldn't care what that lump was I just wouldn't eat it to be on the safe side, mr fox can have a free dinner on Mawders. Wouldn't waste my time freezing it, plenty more rabbits out there for my pot that don't look like they have been employee of the month at a nuclear reactor plant!

As Mawders said, "one pellet, five bunnies!"

What a heartless ogre he is! I cried into my shemagh for the next twenty minutes. Told him i had a runny nose and that I was actually laughing. Think I got away with it. Just.