UEFA Euro 2012

Lab I. Know your a jock and your football knowledge is limited. But JT done the job he was given bud and last night but for him we would have been 4 or 5 down fact

:D ....As i said mate i'd have to go back and watch it again but most of the last ditch tackles i remember were from Johnson......... :thumbs: And i didnt watch all the game so maybe you correct. Who do you think had a better tournament out of the players we have just mentioned?... :thumbs:

• Replies 814
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

i love it when england play late afternoon games because i go fishing and theres nobody around i can always watch them get beat when i get home

Malt there is nothing on this green planet I want more than to see England get humped. You can call that small minded, pathetic, whatever. It's called rivalry and any real football fan will know what

C'mon Ireland !!

Posted Images

It's not often you see a team make the Italians look like an attacking team. During the group stages your excuse for englands woeful defending game was, you can't win the group stages, only lose it. Your best player was Wayne Rooney....... Until he took the field that is :) you don't have a plan B, it's defend at all costs. It worked to an extent as it did for rangers but it's anti football and as boring as f**k for the neutral. Scotland, wales and Ireland know they are pish and yes England are slightly better. We never qualified and England got out of the group stages. That's about right I reckon. So welcome you English, come join us shit nations, we are all crap, the quicker you accept that, the easier you'll be able to take the inevitable gubbing :D

It's not often you see a team make the Italians look like an attacking team. During the group stages your excuse for englands woeful defending game was, you can't win the group stages, only lose it. Your best player was Wayne Rooney....... Until he took the field that is :) you don't have a plan B, it's defend at all costs. It worked to an extent as it did for rangers but it's anti football and as boring as f**k for the neutral. Scotland, wales and Ireland know they are pish and yes England are slightly better. We never qualified and England got out of the group stages. That's about right I reckon. So welcome you English, come join us shit nations, we are all crap, the quicker you accept that, the easier you'll be able to take the inevitable gubbing :D

nail and head.

fair point, i think the prob with english football , is that its stuck in (66) . Other countrys have moved on and got hell of alot better, we havnt and thats it in a nutshell .

fair point, i think the prob with english football , is that its stuck in (66) . Other countrys have moved on and got hell of alot better, we havnt and thats it in a nutshell .

the problem with english football is foreign players --- not enough good english players playing at top level to make a decent england squad ..
  • Like 1

the problem with english football is foreign players --- not enough good english players playing at top level to make a decent england squad ..

you're right! young lads from this country don't get the chance these days, trouble is big spending clubs buy big names foreign players, other clubs follow suit as close as they can to compete in the premiership to hopefully stay up. the poor english lads coming through the ranks never get the chance except being loaned out to lower divisions...

Its all about keeping up and money these days no matter what the consequences, pretty sad really when you see some good Raw talent pushed down the pecking order....

Reading some of these posts its hard to argue with these folk who say we ( England ) are arrogant and deluded......i said before going out there id be happy to get out the group as im realistic enough to accept we are not at the highest level of the sport,naturally you get down and disappointed when you lose but that dont mean you lose sight of reality......some of you lads sitting there scratching your cannisters wondering whats wrong with our game and 100 reasons why its not working...................do you wonder the same about our other sportsmen who are not at world level,swimmers,sprinters,boxers ? no......yet football is THE most popular sport worldwide..............why on earth would anyone presume or expect England would be at the highest level of the most played and popular sport in the world....

I didnt like the way we played anymore than anyone else but Hodgson was the man the Fa gave the job to and he did the best he could with the squad he had......Would Harry Redknapp of sent a team out to lay down like that,no i very much doubt it....would it of changed anything if Harry had got the job,maybe,maybe not...................but the reality is we dont have as good players as some other countries,is that something to be ashamed of..... of course its not sport moves in cycles one generation dominates as another generation has to suffer you can ask all the questions you like the hard truth is a player like Scott Parker for instance would not get in Italy,Germany,Spains reserves as a substitute......as would 4 or 5 others......we have a very good keeper and back 4.....and a couple of other players who can hold their own.....but thats not enough at this level.......its no mystery why,we just dont have those great players at the moment.....

As regards some of our so called " fans ".......i have more respect for these Jocks and Taffs that take the piss out of us at least they nail their colours to the mast and dont go from slagging us off before the tournament......to doing a quick little jig and a dance when we win during the tournament.......back to slagging us off after the tournament.....the way some of these wishy washy England fans do both in the real world and a few on here......

Anyway bollocks to it ....to be back home is a blessing in disguise really.....what a shithole that Ukraine is no wonder their all shipping out over here !!

Edited by gnasher16
  • Like 2

you're right! young lads from this country don't get the chance these days, trouble is big spending clubs buy big names foreign players, other clubs follow suit as close as they can to compete in the premiership to hopefully stay up. the poor english lads coming through the ranks never get the chance except being loaned out to lower divisions...

Its all about keeping up and money these days no matter what the consequences, pretty sad really when you see some good Raw talent pushed down the pecking order....

yes with money, but its coaching level to the young lads thats the prob. We (dont) change our game . My son teache's you kids 5-16 years old , and said the english game as got to change, or we will never win anything.! We dont pass ball clean , he said it all basic stuff . we (lack) confidence with the ball, thats why they loose the ball so quick, and i think he is right what he says you (wont) score goals if you carnt keep the ball .. :yes:

Looking at the Man Utd players picked to play for the England team I must say I'm not surprised we lost the premiership.

Thats the typical wishy washy outlook..................................Man Utd didnt " lose it "......a different team who also play football " won it "

When people start realising that other teams and other countries play football as well and want to win just as much as we do..................we might start realising we are not entitled to anything,we have to go out and win just the same as anyone else does.

f*****g excellent post gnasher :clapper: :clapper: :clapper: I did a bit of leg pulling during englands time there but I won't now. I know what it's like supporting a poor team. You guys did well with what you had. Football is in decline on these shores and I can't see that changing in my lifetime. I was watching the Germans the other day and I soon realized how poor football is in general now. We applaud a team for stringing more than 6 passes together. Even the great brazil are losing their flare. They have turned all European in their play. Football is Definately on the decline worldwide. Just our shores are leading the downward trend.

• Like 1

yes with money, but its coaching level to the young lads thats the prob. We (dont) change our game . My son teache's you kids 5-16 years old , and said the english game as got to change, or we will never win anything.! We dont pass ball clean , he said it all basic stuff . we (lack) confidence with the ball, thats why they loose the ball so quick, and i think he is right what he says you (wont) score goals if you carnt keep the ball .. :yes:

i was a fully badged up fa coach --- thrs plenty of money pumped into football at grass roots level -- in the last 12 yrs the coaching standards child protection and first aid and club facilities as improved 100% the problem lie with some of the clubs taking on youngsters from the age of 6 and 7 year old with very few making the grade .. home grown talent is very thin on the ground i worked with a few pro clubs and the coaching at pro level was`nt much differant than what most grass roots football clubs whr doin when i was at notts county they closed thr acadamy down for a few year because it was costing to much to run leeds utd had one of the best youth set ups in the country that fell by the way side due to lack of funds i coached and managed kids from the age of 7 upto 18 and managed a senior side for 4 years i dont know how some of the talented players i saw slipped the pro net ...my own lad lightning fast right winger and prolific goalscorer snapped up at 8 years old by forest released at age 12 went to leeds realeased at 14 onto villa released at 16 the reason to small he went onto reach 6ft -- played for mansfield town grantham and torquey before giving football bollox aged 20 fed up with the whole lot of it he`s not kicked a ball since ..

Thats the typical wishy washy outlook..................................Man Utd didnt " lose it "......a different team who also play football " won it "

When people start realising that other teams and other countries play football as well and want to win just as much as we do..................we might start realising we are not entitled to anything,we have to go out and win just the same as anyone else does.

Think you'll find it was Man Utds to lose towards the end, 7 points clear with about 3 - 4 games to go I would certainly say they lost it when it should have been in the bag.

I'm well aware of what you're saying, I'm also a realist... if my team play or team players play crap am I supposed to say " well we tried our best the poor lads"? if they did then they get my support but when players like Rooney who looks Overweight out of condition and to be honest shouldn't have been on the pitch play terrible I'm going to vent my spleen. this guy virtually held his club to ransom the other year for X amounts of pounds or he was off, his monthy cheque is the sort of money you and I would never earn in a liftime yet he looked to me like he spends most of his money on mars bars, the sort of money he is on he should be wearing his heart on his sleeve every game at his peak of fitness.... ashley Young was the same? how the hell he stayed on the pitch to take a penalty is beyond me.

I'll never gloss over anything and strive to tell it as I see it, backed a mates race horse a couple of times in the past and both times it lost!! won't be doing it again until it proves its salt :thumbs: ....