Afternoon Out.

Hi All,

Finished at lunch time today to get out with my HFT rig and check zero and aim points ready for a big comp this weekend. Had an hour in a long barn on one of my permissions going from 8 -45yds just checking all my aim points, and doing some grouping at 55yds just to hone technique and trigger control.

I wasnt intending doing any hunting so left my R10 at home. But a phone call from Our Lass telling me she didnt need picking up gave me an extra hour out so thought I would have a mooch around. Unfortunately the S400GML goes off with a very loud crack, so the plan was to bag just the one for a Bunny Curry this weekend.

Set off on a slow deliberate stalk, mindfull to keep the breeze in my face, and to stay close in to any cover I could find as I wasnt wearing my usual flecktarn cammo. Must keep some in the car incase of any further inpromptu sessions! As there are often dog walkers on this permission the bunnys are very wary, usually human scent is followed by a dog bearing down on them!

As i started to edge out arond a hedgeline I saw a nice pot sized bunny at about 45yds. Slipped down into a knealing position using a fencepost as support. Bugs was sat straight on to me, head down greazing. I slipped the appropiate marker between its eyes and squeezed through the second stage, a loud muzzle report as i watched the pellet glint along its trajectory into the kill-zone. Result is a nice clean bunny for the pot!.

Mikey.

2012-05-17145733.jpg

2012-05-17145807.jpg

Edited by mikeyblue
  • Like 2

Cheers Lads,

Not my normal hunting outfit! Its a tuned, (then tuned a little more), AA S400. Its a pleasure to shoot and if I do my bit it will print 5p sized groups at 55yds.

Saying that I did miss my R10 today, which is whisper quiet. If I had that with me today could of bagged more, but as the S400 sounds like The Appocalypse i reckon one shot pretty much cleared the permission :laugh:

Thanks for reading lads,

Mikey.

Hi Rob,

It currently has an Air Stripper on, and the placing of the barrel band would make it a royal pain in the arse to put a silencer on. Im not to worried to be fair as this is the first and probably only time its been out hunting with me. My hunting outfit is a R10, tuned by Tench, adjustable cheek piece fitted and a custom Moder-ripper silencer. It is a very formidable rifle and if I do my bit fills the game bag each outing!!

Kindest Regards,

Mikey.