MINSHAW .....

would like to, had collie types from eighties just not got a scanner up and running got some cracking pics just never botherd mate ,just a pity were i run any more than a qaurter collie well it gets a bit hard for them , as there easier for me to train than some saluks types ive bred at times ,

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just to add to the thread,,,I know most have seen the pic befor,,,but possibly not tree hands ....   Venus ,,half minshaw,,half coursing dog,,,littler sister to swift,,the black and white bitch fran

I wasn't ever going to comment on this thread ever , I wasn't prepared to say anything about the breed or the men although I've seen a few run and know a lot of the men mentioned including victor gh

I did manage to find a single photograph all be it not a great one. Can't really remember the night but the blue bitch in the picture belonged to my old mate from Workington.   The Handsome guy in

Posted Images

Patch (Bulpa x Jess) & Kelsey (Boy x Kes)

mint pic andy wish my album waz az good could kelsey out and out run in day then or waz it more of a lamp style aaron

She was a wee missile Aaz,really fast bitch,very tight on gear and probably the quickest retriever i've ever seen,by feck she was keen to get on with things,wouldn't have as much stamina as lots of the other Minshaw types Aaz and honestly she never had one single deer in her life she just wouldn't entertain them? Good little bunny and hare bitch though :thumbs:

collie curs or crosses are fine as long as you no there limit some throw colliesh wastage, some throw greyhondy no wind then you get the odd one thats a cracker , had more succsess when bred the greyound whipp in to them ,for just rabbiting and short dashes , at times ,one thing about collies if you can train a dog and he isnt nesh or timid theyll try there heart out but just not got the legs at times ,if not fit fit ,its good seeing old pics and for some thats all they have , left , ilke that traveler and swift

To be honest Whin i quite like the sound of Grey/Whippet blood thrown into the mix with the Collie types especially the Don or Dawn dog as you call him :laugh: ..it's something of that nature i'm seriously considering having in the future the way the current hunting legislation is but we'll see what the future holds come that time :yes: ..ATB Andy. ;)

Patch (Bulpa x Jess) & Kelsey (Boy x Kes)

mint pic andy wish my album waz az good could kelsey out and out run in day then or waz it more of a lamp style aaron

She was a wee missile Aaz,really fast bitch,very tight on gear and probably the quickest retriever i've ever seen,by feck she was keen to get on with things,wouldn't have as much stamina as lots of the other Minshaw types Aaz and honestly she never had one single deer in her life she just wouldn't entertain them? Good little bunny and hare bitch though :thumbs:

ad of loved to own that bitch looked a cracker aaron

would like to, had collie types from eighties just not got a scanner up and running got some cracking pics just never botherd mate ,just a pity were i run any more than a qaurter collie well it gets a bit hard for them , as there easier for me to train than some saluks types ive bred at times ,

i av owend a few salukis they take alot of training they seem az if they dont have a brain the ones ive had but ma freind haz a saluki dog ther it seems switched on to death aaron

ad of loved to own that bitch looked a cracker aaron

Grandparents to your dogs Aaz....feck how young does Jack look? He's not got a grey hair on him lol and he was grey as feck by the time he was two :D

Jack(Bulpa x Cora) & Kelsey (Boy x Kes)

Edited by poacherspocket22

This was Frankel's wee bitch Meg aka the Flying Carpet..she could run and was great on a hare but by feck she was hard work with these :whistling: ..retrieve :censored: ...not a chance,crunch crunch and that was her :laugh: ..i hardly ever took her for bunnies as i spent more time retrieving the feckers myself then she did chasing them :laugh: ..it was Frankel's own bitch,he took her for her very 1st rabbit and she was his sidekick :yes: ..blessed with natural staying power just the carrying back that wasn't there?..she killed some gear for sure so she earned her corn :thumbs: ...

had the grew type for twenty years, saw them back in the ninties early part at feildhunting things liked them better than collie greyhound for nimble and quickness and kept them ever since, good dogs

What have you added to the mix Whin? Collie? Saluki? a mixture of both or something else? :hmm:

i wouldnt put pure colie to lurcher mix when ther dogs like buddie dogs like rex , i was lucky with mines mate ,had guys like d slieght who had good dogs and other guys,i just improved on them a bit made them pacier stronger but with good retreiving skills still in them , then when my maTE ONE COURSING COMPS HAD THE PICK , if my mate hadent done well with his dogs i had phoned mp for a line of lucky for 250 and my own saluk crosses to, as there was no top collie croses localy or faraway that could live with them. kinda like putting swift to buddie , then breeding that way as you get more from a good coursing dog than a pure collie less youre got sheep ,ive always belived top coursing dog to good lurcher bitch will throw abetter dog than a pure colie over a top lurcher or lamper , then yu breed from there to your collie type again ,or if you want saluk back to another good coursing type

,ive always belived top coursing dog to good lurcher bitch will throw abetter dog than a pure colie over a top lurcher or lamper , then yu breed from there to your collie type again ,

Well in a way i could do exactly as you say above Whin :thumbs: ..as Swift is out of my own lurcher dog Jack who wasn't half a bad jukel in my own humble opinion :D and her dam is out of Tomo's coursing bred bitch who has got excellent bloodlines in her breeding :victory: and obviously i have Don out of the Collie and he's coming along ok upto press anyways :yes: ...so maybe the way forward is mate those two together then and the job will be a good un :toast: ...in fairness it really does depend on the ground you intend to work the dogs on and the quarry imo? I'm just a Dale dweller now remember so i need summat that will suit that ground and be a good un at picking up squatters as thats what most of them are down there :whistling: ..i wonder if this dog would of been much use down there?...

• Like 1