After reading a few other topics and so many folk going on about dogs jacking and being no good to bred from

What's your opinion ?

Surely every dog in its working life regardless of age fitness ect will make mistakes or jack or let 1 go

But think this is no reason to never bred or avoid similar lines or blood

To many people seem to blame dog rather than the situation or training

• Like 1

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

There only dogs not machines a lot of preparation is required into getting a dog to peak fitness most lads think a walk round the block once a day is enough for the dog then on a sunday run the heart

Spot on mate, one of my pup from my litter jacked buy time it was 12 months old was sent pics when it was 10 months doing things it shouldnt at it age, funny how all the others have done fine, takes t

In my opinion most "jacker's" are made and not born !!!!

Ive always been a beliver the dogs either got it or it hasnt i will agree some people can cause a dog to jack either pushing it too hard too young or entering it wrong but i think if a dogs gona spew its gonma spew but what aint good for one man can be gold too another :thumbs:

• Like 1
Guest joball

Ive always been a beliver the dogs either got it or it hasnt i will agree some people can cause a dog to jack either pushing it too hard too young or entering it wrong but i think if a dogs gona spew its gonma spew but what aint good for one man can be gold too another :thumbs:

Spot on mate, one of my pup from my litter jacked buy time it was 12 months old was sent pics when it was 10 months doing things it shouldnt at it age, funny how all the others have done fine, takes the right people to get the best out of a dog, Good dog men are rearer than good dogs imo.

• Like 6
Guest FTBBTH

depends what you call jacking, seen my saluki cross run a long slip in mid winter, on the second slip he was about a minute into the course and he kieled over, thought he was dead myself he was covered in his own sick, turned out before i had taken him out my dad had fed him a large portion of raw meat, i wouldnt class that as a jack, its human error not the dogs fault, a dog which runs and slows down to a holt, now thats a jack, or a dog which just doesnt put effort in at the last and most important part of the course, thats a jack. but mostly human error, not through the dogs fault :thumbs:

Guest FTBBTH

depends what you call jacking, seen my saluki cross run a long slip in mid winter, on the second slip he was about a minute into the course and he kieled over, thought he was dead myself he was covered in his own sick, turned out before i had taken him out my dad had fed him a large portion of raw meat, i wouldnt class that as a jack, its human error not the dogs fault, a dog which runs and slows down to a holt, now thats a jack, or a dog which just doesnt put effort in at the last and most important part of the course, thats a jack. but mostly human error, not through the dogs fault :thumbs:

oh and the dogs never done it again, i always give a good break between feeding and running now :thumbs:

• Like 1

There only dogs not machines a lot of preparation is required into getting a dog to peak fitness most lads think a walk round the block once a day is enough for the dog then on a sunday run the heart right out of it

• Like 7

After reading a few other topics and so many folk going on about dogs jacking and being no good to bred from

What's your opinion ?

Surely every dog in its working life regardless of age fitness ect will make mistakes or jack or let 1 go

But think this is no reason to never bred or avoid similar lines or blood

To many people seem to blame dog rather than the situation or training

i no of plenty of jackers about!! fox/coursing dogs and the boys who own them are still breeding from them just to make a couple of quid