• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

They might be a pair of pricks but 1 of them is an ex world heavyweight champion and the other just gave the long standing heavyweight champion his best fight for years....................name a bette

For those who slag off haye, he was undisputed cruiser weight champ. Only when there was no one else left he moved up a weight and beat much bigger guys. Pretty impressive if you ask me.

haye will win. but we should all get behind david price in the future lads hes a proper top lad and has got a good chance of being world champ. tyson furys scared to death of him

What about lewis?

Absolutely.........whether you class him as Brit or Canadian dont make much difference we ( Britain ) have still had more success at heavyweight than any other country in the world outside America.

Might not be the greatest names of the division but they won a title and thats more than any other country so to say we,re not blessed is plain wrong.

Lewis

Fitzimmons

Bruno

Haye

Hide

Akinwande

All won a world title at heavyweight.....think the next best is probably a country like Italy who had Carnera,Damiani,someone else i forget who.......

Thats without the big British names like Cooper,Bugner,Tommy Farr,Billy Wells and plenty of others who fought at the highest level.

what weight was john conteh ...an Dennis Andreas

What about lewis?

Absolutely.........whether you class him as Brit or Canadian dont make much difference we ( Britain ) have still had more success at heavyweight than any other country in the world outside America.

Might not be the greatest names of the division but they won a title and thats more than any other country so to say we,re not blessed is plain wrong.

Lewis

Fitzimmons

Bruno

Haye

Hide

Akinwande

All won a world title at heavyweight.....think the next best is probably a country like Italy who had Carnera,Damiani,someone else i forget who.......

Thats without the big British names like Cooper,Bugner,Tommy Farr,Billy Wells and plenty of others who fought at the highest level.

light heavy 12st 7 lb in the ring , but prob 13-14st out of it my old fighting weight lol

What about lewis?

Lewis

Fitzimmons

Bruno

Haye

Hide

Akinwande

light heavy 12st 7 lb in the ring , but prob 13-14st out of it my old fighting weight lol

thought gnasher was slipping a bit :laugh: i think dennis might of moved up later on

I'm pretty sure he was between Light weight up to Light Middle. He was one of Nobby Nobbs' reliable journeymen, he had over 150 bouts. He fought a load of lads from the 90's through to around 2004 - 2005. Ricky Hatton, Matty Hatton, Bobby Vanzie, Johnathon Thaxton, Colin Lynes, Michael Jennings, Derrick Roche, Steve Murray and a shit load of other decent level fighters over the years he was active.

Another couple of Journeyman mates of mine are Steve Brumant and David Hinds, you couldn't meet nicer people :victory: .

Edited to say they're all from Birmingham.

Thats right,i knew the name from somewhere......I was with Steve Murray in the early part of his career i think that must of been his 5th or 6th pro fight.....if i remember right Coleman was the first fighter to take Steve the distance......nothing wrong with journeyman fighters its an honest living.

That's right, he'd jump into a ring anywhere against anyone, he knew what was expected of him and done his job well. He said PJ Gallagher was the best he fought, he said Hatton wasn't a banger at all but hit him with so many punches to body and head that he didn't know where the next punch was going to land.

Good lad he is.

no bud your use of the terminolgy differs from mine thats life i and many other understand the meaning of world class

casius clay , a differant class

World class IMO means you are have sufficient skills to compete against the top 10 of your division. People like Casius Clay weren't just world class they were GREATS so using them to compare what a world class fighter should be is unfair IMO.

You can only be measured along those who're fighting in your time, to judge whether you're world class.

Haye and Chisora are both bonafide world class fighters. Haye has already been champion so for someone to say that he isn't world class is a bit ridiculous IMO.

no bud your use of the terminolgy differs from mine thats life i and many other understand the meaning of world class

World class IMO means you are have sufficient skills to compete against the top 10 of your division. People like Casius Clay weren't just world class they were GREATS so using them to compare what a world class fighter should be is unfair IMO.

You can only be measured along those who're fighting in your time, to judge whether you're world class.

Haye and Chisora are both bonafide world class fighters. Haye has already been champion so for someone to say that he isn't world class is a bit ridiculous IMO.

ive ever said haye is not said he is small for the divsion , as for the terminoligy world class over used in my opion , hey but what do i know ;)

:blink: .....so theres another class now..." different "...........................lifes too short mate :D

:blink: .....so theres another class now..." different "...........................lifes too short mate :D

can you 2 kiss and make up ...

Bang on.....explained much better than my divvy brain could explain it :laugh:

can you 2 kiss and make up ...

hey stig its good to talk about a good subject opinions are just that opinions ,

thought gnasher was slipping a bit :laugh: i think dennis might of moved up later on

Dennis did go up to cruiserweight late on in his career....he was one of the funniest characters i ever met,also one of the gamest !.....He came over to England from Guyana as a kid we actually grew up less than a mile from each other without ever meeting till we was in our 20,s he never knew for sure how old he was he used to say he knew he wasnt any more than 3 years out :laugh: He was a good man Dennis what he lacked in skills he certainly made up for with sheer strength and will to win after he got battered by Tommy Hearns he asked Manny Steward to train him.....Manny respected the guts he had shown against Hearns and Dennis joined the Kronk Gym which if i remember right was when he moved up to cruiserweight.

but he was gnash he was in a class of his own , ;)