Red vs Khan Jihad

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Sometimes you need to go back to a saluki to stop dogs getting to mongrelised.   But the point know one can take in is .......   RED IS NOT A FU*CK**G SALUKI !   Because he's on a d.v.d called "

So if Khan has not done much in the field why use him? all you read on this site is when people are after a pup. Get a pup out of proven workers

So who would ye choose a pup from the better worker or the better or more consistent producer

Sometimes you need to go back to a saluki to stop dogs getting to mongrelised.

But the point know one can take in is .......

RED IS NOT A FU*CK**G SALUKI !

Because he's on a d.v.d called "red the coursing saluki doesn't make him a saluki! And I don't think he's owners claim he is a saluki. As I watched it I could tell he was not a saluki.

To breed a good coursing dog you need to have done a lot of coursing and understand what is required in the field and / or fen to produce an animal for the job.

Too many rabbit men who have never done coursing think putting a worker to a worker is all you need to do to produce a decent animal and it's not always. The way to go.

I'm being honest I don't go coursing at all now because is to much agg for me now but I used to live for it and I've seen dogs breed wrong get BLOWN APART by strong hares on good ground.

I wouldn't comment on foxing because I haven't got the experience too, why so many people who haven't done much coursing think they can tell others how to breed match dogs is a mystery to me.

:thumbs:

Yes that bitch in my avitar was by Deacon out of a Whisper Wishes greyhound bitch. Killed loads of hares in Ireland early 90's

edited to add the "yes" was to the question "was Deacon a pure?", not "is Red still alive?"

Edited by BOLIO1

K.T.'s Amazing Pharoah was Khans brother and a real one by all accounts. He was killed on the road not long before I met K but J.L. told me he was probably the best saluki dog in the country at the time and was a 5 out of 5 in January dog. High praise indeed from a man whose own famous pure saluki Star, had killed 7 in one day on the fens. No wonder Khan became a popular stud when Pharoah was no longer available.

• Like 1