got my inspection next wednesday for shotgun ticket !!

after a 5 month wait !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:0

i finaly have my cabinate inspection on wednesday next week !!

asuming everything is ok is that it i will finaly have my ticket ?

is there anything i need to show awareness of when they come ?

iv herd all sorts like the mrs is not sposed to know where i keep my keys and that i need someone responcable to hold my second set ?

any advice would be good .

all the best , matt.

He'll check it's secure then have a chat.

No one has your spare set of keys, only you hold any and every key you have to that safe, no one should know where they are ever.

thats not what i was told......lol

my mates an feo...........the accepted thing is that someone who you know who doesn't have access to your house can have the spare, a mate of mine who has a FAC and a SGC but doesn't have a set of keys to my house has my spare...and as he doesn't have a key to the house he cant get in and help himself ....he has to knock on the door and ask to borrow them...the other is on my key ring with my house keys and that is ALWAYS with me, either in my pocket , on my belt or when going to bed on my bedside table , good advice to take keys to bed anyway in case there was a fire so you could open the doors and get out, rather than falling about in smoke looking for the keys

to the original poster ask the feo what he wants you to do with your keys.....take his advice and lead.....it will be him granting your certificate anyway.

a mate got asked gun safety questions about crossing ditches and fences and how to show that the guns empty by carrying it broken or with the chamber showing empty

I honestly thought you should be the only person with acess to your safe...

Yeah, after this it's all done mate, he'll come in, offer him a drink, he'll have a look at your safe, ask you why you want it I.e clay shooting, give you some pointers etc

Run through your form make sure it's all correct.

Mine had a chat about maximum effective ranges, and all the safety stuff such as muzzle awareness just basic stuff.

Then he'll shake your hand, say "get looking at what gun you want to buy, your ticket will be with you in a week or so"

Jobs a good 'en.

bloody hell what a releafe .

the 5 months has gone along pretty fast but waiting a week from wednesday to wednesday is killing me !!!!!

what to get is the next question .

i hope to do some customs stuff on things like 410 webly bolt guns , some of my hand forged damascus for trigger , trigger guard and bolt . carve a new stock from something nice etc .

thanks for the info guys .

all the best ,matt.

No one has your spare set of keys, only you hold any and every key you have to that safe, no one should know where they are ever.

my mates an feo...........the accepted thing is that someone who you know who doesn't have access to your house can have the spare, a mate of mine who has a FAC and a SGC but doesn't have a set of keys to my house has my spare...and as he doesn't have a key to the house he cant get in and help himself ....he has to knock on the door and ask to borrow them...the other is on my key ring with my house keys and that is ALWAYS with me, either in my pocket , on my belt or when going to bed on my bedside table , good advice to take keys to bed anyway in case there was a fire so you could open the doors and get out, rather than falling about in smoke looking for the keys

Not sure id want to leave mine on the bedside table in case the missus got them. I tend to hide mine up somewhere where only I know they are.

With regards to the OP`s inspection, ive always found FEO`s really nice people. They want to know who else lives in the house, what they do for a living, relationship to you etc. They sometimes want to see the cabinet and make sure its secure. They`ll ask what you want to do with the guns - clay shooting, game etc... And just have a general chat with you to make sure you are a suitable sort of person.

Mine said that only another SGC holder may have access to my spare keys but didn't express any opinion as to whom that may be. The inspection visit was just to look at the gun cabinet installation and to deliver my certificate - the interviews had been about 3 weeks previously when, amongst other things, advice on siting and fixing of the cabinet was given. He was a really nice, helpful guy who gave me contacts for local shoots and other informal advice.

I hope yours goes as well!

Nick

Mine said that only another SGC holder may have access to my spare keys but didn't express any opinion as to whom that may be. The inspection visit was just to look at the gun cabinet installation and to deliver my certificate - the interviews had been about 3 weeks previously when, amongst other things, advice on siting and fixing of the cabinet was given. He was a really nice, helpful guy who gave me contacts for local shoots and other informal advice.

I hope yours goes as well!

Nick

my mate who has my spare has a SGC and FAC.......

Not sure id want to leave mine on the bedside table in case the missus got them. I tend to hide mine up somewhere where only I know they are.

With regards to the OP`s inspection, ive always found FEO`s really nice people. They want to know who else lives in the house, what they do for a living, relationship to you etc. They sometimes want to see the cabinet and make sure its secure. They`ll ask what you want to do with the guns - clay shooting, game etc... And just have a general chat with you to make sure you are a suitable sort of person.

surely though your wife will know where your secret hiding place is? mine knows where i leave everything ............and they do check who you live with when they check you out.

my feo asked on my renewal where i kept my keys and wasn't bothered by me taking them everywhere with me and on my bedside table or in my underpants draw whilst i am in bed........i doubt anyone could take them from my bedside table whilst i am asleep as i sleep lightly and wake up lots.....wish i could sleep better actually

i have heard people advise getting a key safe with a combination entry for the cabinet key

well they came ............................

they where rude , up tight and came across like id would be lucky to get it .

im abit heart broken .

piss poor service i think , keys are to be kept out of sight or on me at all times with the spare set to be locked in a trusted friends gunsafe only .

i was shocked to find i will have no more contact at all from them with out any follow up at all , other than a letter to say your shit out son , in 2 weeks or a shotgun certificate in 4 weeks !!

im no angel but have lived a squeeky clean life for 11 years and never been charged or caurtioned ever !!

i worked for lincoln criminal justice team for 4 years !!

are they allways cocks that want you to feel like that ? is it in the job description ?

well they came ............................

they where rude , up tight and came across like id would be lucky to get it .

im abit heart broken .

piss poor service i think , keys are to be kept out of sight or on me at all times with the spare set to be locked in a trusted friends gunsafe only .

i was shocked to find i will have no more contact at all from them with out any follow up at all , other than a letter to say your shit out son , in 2 weeks or a shotgun certificate in 4 weeks !!

im no angel but have lived a squeeky clean life for 11 years and never been charged or caurtioned ever !!

i worked for lincoln criminal justice team for 4 years !!

are they allways cocks that want you to feel like that ? is it in the job description ?

mine are fine here, becky the flo even rings me when she needs help :laugh: i seem to remember they told me there and then mine had been granted and they hand delivered it 2 days later, that was a long time ago though :laugh:

Sounds like you've just been unlucky to have one who's not that good talking to people.

Don't despair though, by what you say about your lifestyle I think you'll get your ticket. Good luck anyway :thumbs: .