muntjac

Guest FTBBTH

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Where I walk my dogs daily which is a few mins from my house I can pretty much guarantee I'll see at least one, Iv seen several in the space of a few hours before...the terriers help. Iv been almost s

is it ilegal to hunt muntjac with dogs? because they have no season, theyre classed as vermin nd pests, just like a rabbit would be, if they are illegal why?   thanks

Go on google

Posted Images

Theres alot of munty by me and i think in years to come theres gona be alot more and there getting right in to the urban areas where you wouldnt expect to see them. Just yesterday i saw a nice munty buck on my travels on a land fill site creeping through the middle of a field with out a worry in the world.Ive hunted munty with dogs preban and i can honestly say that in thick wooded areas there slippery characters and i think it takes alot of luck and a dog that knows what its doing as ive said many times to people if they break cover into an open field i think it goes more into the dogs favoure the deer tend to panic once in the open and they know the enevitable is coming :thumbs:

I have only ever seen them taken in woods ....Stedy dog working with the owner waiting for the break and fast enough to got on them watched the same dog take 3 in two days.......atb Tony M.

Thats what i mean tony i think it takes certain dogs to take them in wood in the past ive had dog put them up my little halfx bitch was glued to the tail of this one fine buck they both went off to the edge of the wood and i was just waiting for the squealing to start then next thing the dogs coming running back tougue by her feet :no: leaves a man scratching his head at times :huh:

Theres alot of munty by me and i think in years to come theres gona be alot more and there getting right in to the urban areas where you wouldnt expect to see them. Just yesterday i saw a nice munty buck on my travels on a land fill site creeping through the middle of a field with out a worry in the world.Ive hunted munty with dogs preban and i can honestly say that in thick wooded areas there slippery characters and i think it takes alot of luck and a dog that knows what its doing as ive said many times to people if they break cover into an open field i think it goes more into the dogs favoure the deer tend to panic once in the open and they know the enevitable is coming :thumbs:

I have only ever seen them taken in woods ....Stedy dog working with the owner waiting for the break and fast enough to got on them watched the same dog take 3 in two days.......atb Tony M.

Thats what i mean tony i think it takes certain dogs to take them in wood in the past ive had dog put them up my little halfx bitch was glued to the tail of this one fine buck they both went off to the edge of the wood and i was just waiting for the squealing to start then next thing the dogs coming running back tougue by her feet :no: leaves a man scratching his head at times :huh:

If the said dog worked anough in its day in a wood then it would get very efficient at its job .....as Mr Darcy said its not just about the catch but the hunt as well.....atb Tony M

These probally more urban muntys near me than foxes! On Sunday we were sat in the pub watching a doe n fawn in the beer garden, before it wandered off onto the trees at the back. This pub is surrounded by an housing estate! I've also seen them at the end of my road under a street light before disappearing into someone's garden. It's probally because they have no natural predators.....until I moved in! Lol.

These probally more urban muntys near me than foxes! On Sunday we were sat in the pub watching a doe n fawn in the beer garden, before it wandered off onto the trees at the back. This pub is surrounded by an housing estate! I've also seen them at the end of my road under a street light before disappearing into someone's garden. It's probally because they have no natural predators.....until I moved in! Lol.

there like crows, everywhere until you go to shoot one then they mysteriously all vanish :laugh:
  • Like 1

you wont be seeing any anyway ftbbth not around our area any way

i know of a few palces just outside doncaster with munty about

you wont be seeing any anyway ftbbth not around our area any way

i know of a few palces just outside doncaster with munty about

ye they came up the a1 at 70 mph....... :laugh:
  • Like 1