open ticket help

i applied for my open ticket and all i have had back is this letter the main 4 things they ask for are

1 RELEVANT QUALIFICATIONS

2 WORK RELATED USE OF FIREARMS IN PEST CONTROL

3 APPROPRIATE PUBLIC LIABILITY INSURANCE

4 WRITTEN TESTIMONY OF COMPETENCE AND DECISION MAKING

iam a member of the basc so number 3 is covered i have written permission of all the farms for the use of shotgun and rifle.

so my question is how would you chaps answer these questions ???

cheers airbourne

i applied for my open ticket and all i have had back is this letter the main 4 things they ask for are

1 RELEVANT QUALIFICATIONS

2 WORK RELATED USE OF FIREARMS IN PEST CONTROL

3 APPROPRIATE PUBLIC LIABILITY INSURANCE

4 WRITTEN TESTIMONY OF COMPETENCE AND DECISION MAKING

iam a member of the basc so number 3 is covered i have written permission of all the farms for the use of shotgun and rifle.

so my question is how would you chaps answer these questions ???

cheers airbourne

this is a new one on me pal never heard of anything like that before good luck you might need it :thumbs:

that is why there asking it usually takes three years for an open pal unless you need it for work hence the questions.sorry pal but your chances are slim.

cheers mate that answers my question will apply next year then will have to put in for a variation for the other farms thats the only way round it

a lot of people think that you can only shoot the land you put down but if your outher permissions have been cleared for your calibre rifle in the past you can shoot there without an open ticket.that is what i have been led to believe.so if it is a small calibre you might be ok?

a lot of people think that you can only shoot the land you put down but if your outher permissions have been cleared for your calibre rifle in the past you can shoot there without an open ticket.that is what i have been led to believe.so if it is a small calibre you might be ok?

you can shoot any land deemed suitable by the chief constable for that area and that calibre unless things have changed check with your local fire arms dept

you can shoot any land deemed suitable by the chief constable for that area and that calibre unless things have changed check with your local fire arms dept

none of the land has been passed no one has ever shot on there with rifles its only a 17 hmr i have

If you want an open ticket sooner rather than later then just keep shoving land at them one after another fro them to pass,and remind them that if they(the actual FEO that walks the land)deem the land safe then if anything goes wrong then it will be his/her fault and as such they personally could be sued.the other thing I would do is tear up your BASC membership and join S.A.C.S. as they WILL do something for you as opposed to BASC that won't represent you at all.....fact!

As far as I am aware if you require the CC to deem the land suitable I think that he will say that he has to do it for 'YOU' and if he has done it for another person he will still make you jump through the proverbial hoops for you to shoot on said land....I think I am right,but it is your responsibility to comply with whatever restrictions that they put on you cert.

Hi

Wat a pain in the behind,It's a new one to me too,

When I first ever applied for fac mine was closed on all calibres at that time,I had 22lr and 17 hmr, on the interview day the feo said normally I wouldn't be granted open condition till my first renewal, (Derbyshire) anyway 8 months later I wrote in and asked for it opened,the letter came back with a list of reasons why he wouldn't open it, those including low usage of ammo which was a load of cobblers,I didnt shoot thousands of rounds a week but i shot my fair share of bullets by no stretch of the imagination, also lack of experience / land safety,anyway I did not agree as i had been shooting 15 years with lots of experiance so I put pen to paper and told him my thoughts on his reply,the main facts I stated were how come you say my usage is low when if I was to have a rifle souly for shooting deer on booked stalks like many people do have I would only shoot a hand full of bullets a year so if im shooting on average 500 a month rounds in the 22 and 200 on the 17 that's enough,

And as far as experience/land safety reasons,I asked why he thought I was classed as safe enough to make my judgment on a shot on the land passed by yourself but not on other land,

Basically I pointed out to them that if you point a sharp stick in the wrong direction some one will lose an eye, or in as many words,I felt very strongly about this because i class choosing a safe shot a very responsible part of shooting and by granting me a fac I was trusted to do that on ever occasion on the passed land surely this applies to every bit of land I shoot and if this is not the case then I am not fit to hold fac rifles.i sent the cert with the letter and a request for them to re think the decision,5/6weeks later it came back open,no reply to my letter just the cert,

Since then about 2 years ago I went to cf and that remains closed until August then on renewal I'm told by them that will open up,not really bothered to be honest as the land I shoot the 223 is enough to go at,don't take it lying down and keep at them,them who shout the loudest get noticed

Atb 223

But

Edited by TWOTWOTHREE

I cant believe how different the feo work in different areas I have been shooting for years with air rifles and so on I went to college and got my nvq 2 game keeper certificate and spent a year doing deer management with some one I shot every couple of weeks with a state gun then applied for my fac which I got pretty quickly I had 2 rims a 222.50 and a 270 straight off closed ticket for 3 months I wrote and asked for it to be opened with muiltpull requests such as being able to shoot live stock cows and other bits and peaces and it was all granted although I was able to answer all the questions above with prof. I guess I am lucky or the police here are just not to silly I do take shooting safety very seriously which is what they want to see more then anything else.

its a long time ago know but i had mine opened up within 6 months, just bombarded them every week with permision letters for land that needed checking, in the end the flo came out asked me a couple of questions and that was it.

I think with FAC, its all about showing "good reason" I applied a couple of years ago, on my interview I asked for 3 main things, a section 1 shotgun, denied, double my allotted ammo, denied, an open ticket on first application, no answer, I then went on to show my certifications for air rifle shooting in my job, safe backstops etc, and talked in length about pest control/my job, I recieved an open ticket, along with being able to humainly dispatch any animal in destress, or in relation to pest control work, all for a .22 rimfire