In the paper the other day they were saying that these scrotes can now walk passed you and scan a card in your pocket or bag, while passing you in the street :icon_eek::censored:

Bring back cah and do away with all this techno shart!! :yes::D

Bill.

Thats with these new Barclays swipe payment things mate, they cant scan a normal card like that as far as I know

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I received an email from PayPal - how do I know if it is genuine?

Here are some tips to help you recognise fraudulent emails and protect your PayPal account from phishing or spoof.

Check the greeting. We always address you by your first and last name, or the business name on your PayPal account.

See if the email asks for personal information. A PayPal email will never ask you for any of the following:

• Bank account numbers

• Debit and credit card numbers

• Driver's license number

• Email addresses

• Your full name

• Your password, or answers to your PayPal account security questions

Check for attachments. We will never send an attachment or software updates to install on your computer.

If you received what you believe is a fake PayPal email, please forward the original email tospoof@paypal.com. Be sure not to change the subject line or any of the content. Then, delete the email. You should never click any links or attachments in a suspicious email.

Hi Tonyponty.

What a usefull post that is mate, thanks for putting it up here for all to see :thumbs:

Sure it will be of help to a lot of members, and may stop another unsusspecting member getting caught out by these scammers.

Wonder if the MODS would see fit to make that a sticky :hmm:

Cheers mate.

Bill.

I received an email from PayPal - how do I know if it is genuine?

Here are some tips to help you recognise fraudulent emails and protect your PayPal account from phishing or spoof.

Check the greeting. We always address you by your first and last name, or the business name on your PayPal account.

See if the email asks for personal information. A PayPal email will never ask you for any of the following:

• Bank account numbers

• Debit and credit card numbers

• Driver's license number

• Email addresses

• Your full name

• Your password, or answers to your PayPal account security questions

Check for attachments. We will never send an attachment or software updates to install on your computer.

If you received what you believe is a fake PayPal email, please forward the original email tospoof@paypal.com. Be sure not to change the subject line or any of the content. Then, delete the email. You should never click any links or attachments in a suspicious email.

Thanks for that info.

Hi Tonyponty.

What a usefull post that is mate, thanks for putting it up here for all to see :thumbs:

Sure it will be of help to a lot of members, and may stop another unsusspecting member getting caught out by these scammers.

Wonder if the MODS would see fit to make that a sticky :hmm:

Cheers mate.

Bill.

Still wondering........ :boogy::D