• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just take care Bill, quite a few sellers have had problems recently where the buyer has disputed the goods and got the money back and kept the damned goods too!

The best way to deal with payments like this is to open a special bank account, a deposit account, you know savings type, any of the Big 3 Natwest, Lloyds TSB, HSBC. All do savings accounts, just use it for gun stuff payments, anybody can go into a branch and pay money in, but only you can draw the money out, what is good is that it will cost a £1 and you can get that back too!

That way nobody can set up standing orders, direct debits etc on it, you are in sole control, no percentages charged for getting money out, perfect solution!

Just take care Bill, quite a few sellers have had problems recently where the buyer has disputed the goods and got the money back and kept the damned goods too!

The best way to deal with payments like this is to open a special bank account, a deposit account, you know savings type, any of the Big 3 Natwest, Lloyds TSB, HSBC. All do savings accounts, just use it for gun stuff payments, anybody can go into a branch and pay money in, but only you can draw the money out, what is good is that it will cost a £1 and you can get that back too!

That way nobody can set up standing orders, direct debits etc on it, you are in sole control, no percentages charged for getting money out, perfect solution!

i had that, i sold a locator on ebay, the lad paid paypal. i sent the locator recorded delivery, i then get a message from him via ebay asking why i had sent it to the wrong address, checked his paypal payment and sure enough it was a different address but only 14 miles apart :hmm: then i looked back at the ebay address and the name and email were the same, i informed ebay and got another message from the buyer saying he had traveled the hour to the other address and picked it up :icon_eek: its only 14 miles. when i checked his feedback someone had purchased a locator off him and it had not arrived :yes: so be carefull.

Im at the point now where I have lost all faith in Paypal.

I think for any future deals, I will ask for a cheque, wait for cleared funds and then post.

Its a shame we have all the bottom dwellers out there trying to rob us at every oppertunity.

Might try and contact Paypal and see what the fook is hapening with thier system at the moment.

Bill.

Or open up a deposit account, buyer pays cash in, you get funds same day. Cheques can have problems, banks can say the funds are there after 3 days, then decide they are not a couple of weeks later! Best is cash into an account over the counter!

Just got off the phone from Paypal.

BEWARE all.....the Email asking for profile update and account susspension is a load of bollox :censored:

If like me you have completed the request, get in contact with your bank ASAP and change your card details.

watch for fraudulent transactions in your account too.

Also log into your Paypal account and change your password and security questions.

I feel like a right mug being caught out :icon_redface: feckin angry too :censored: :censored: :censored:

Bill.

Edited by Sweeney-Todd

Just got off the phone from Paypal.

BEWARE all.....the Email asking for profile update and account susspension is a load of bollox :censored:

If like me you have completed the request, get in contact with your bank ASAP and change your card details.

watch for fraudulent transactions in your account too.

Also log into your Paypal account and change your password and security questions.

I feel like a right mug being caught out :icon_redface: feckin angry too :censored: :censored: :censored:

Bill.

i had no email, i tried to pay for something and i couldnt, when i logged into paypal it said my account was restricted untill i had changed my password and security questions

Don't update anything via email,if paypal/banks send email asking you to update your details,log into your own accounts and check,99% are scams the mother in law got scammed for £10,000 on her credit card last mounth,some very clever scammers out there

Don't update anything via email,if paypal/banks send email asking you to update your details,log into your own accounts and check,99% are scams the mother in law got scammed for £10,000 on her credit card last mounth,some very clever scammers out there

Hi Wedge.

Yes know that now mate :icon_redface::censored:

The email was so plausable and looked just like a Paypal page, as you say, some clever feckers out there.

Like to see how clever they are inside the ring.......TWATS :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored::D

The mother in law got an email from who she thought was talk talk asking to update all her account details including bank details,they then opened a tesco bank account in her name and transferd money from her credit card to the fake tesco account.

The simple thing to do is if you get an email from your bank asking you to update details etc, ignore it, they do not ask you to do this by email!

Anybody else ring them up and ask, do not do it off the strength of an email, damned fatal. One reason I never have had an internet accessible bank account, the security just is not there. Fraud is the biggest crime growth area, most unrecorded as Police will say "It is a civil offence" and refuse to take action, as it makes their blasted crime figures look bad. It is theft, so should be recorded as such!

Edited by secretagentmole

Your right MIke, it is theft, fraud,....................... trouble with this bloody country at the moment, too soft.....no deterents or punishments that are worth a toss.

The crims just sit back a laugh it off.......time for a change of career I think :censored: :censored: :censored: rant rant rant.....feet stamping........hair pulling....... :D

Edited by Sweeney-Todd