Anyone carp fish on here?

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I now do nearly all my carping on deserted stretches of canal and rivers. Leave a couple of lures and pike floats by the side of me so it looks like I am pike fishing to the odd soul that passes. Can'

Good luck mate, I'd like to come over for some fishing sometime (somewhere like the ebro )

i did till some rotten c**t nicked all my tackle....putting some money to the side to get sorted again.dont think ill ever afford what was taken again thou.

I have heard of carp taking deadbait's but never had it happen to me, do they take both set's of treble's or do they get caught on the bottom treble, also what bait was it on, must be sprat or something small, can't see a carp taking half a mackeral, i have also heard of pike taking boilie's and not alway's fishmeal, might try a double 32ml boilie next time i am pikeing. :laugh:

I have heard of carp taking deadbait's but never had it happen to me, do they take both set's of treble's or do they get caught on the bottom treble, also what bait was it on, must be sprat or something small, can't see a carp taking half a mackeral, i have also heard of pike taking boilie's and not alway's fishmeal, might try a double 32ml boilie next time i am pikeing. :laugh:

i had a 4 ounce roach dead bait on. it took both trebles and bled well but still swimming strong.

Depending on the size of the dead bait a 30 would not have much trouble taking a half mackerel, in places with a lot of doubles I used to fish 28/30 mm boiled baits and 20 lb fish had no trouble with them at all.

I will try and scan an end on picture of a 30lb common I had and you will see its mouth is massive.....that's if I get time and remember ! Lol lol

Edited by WILF

i have also heard of pike taking boilie's and not alway's fishmeal, might try a double 32ml boilie next time i am pikeing. :laugh:

There was a 110lb catfish taken on boilies last week, blokes last cast as well ;)

Mate had a 50lb cat on a banana boilie last year at a lake near to me, got carp in that are over 50 also. Seen a shoal of carp there once all looked 30+. If the river stays too high and fast for me might give that lake a bash. 15 minutes from my place, so handy enough to prebait.

• Like 1

i have also heard of pike taking boilie's and not alway's fishmeal, might try a double 32ml boilie next time i am pikeing. :laugh:

There was a 110lb catfish taken on boilies last week, blokes last cast as well ;)

Mate had a 50lb cat on a banana boilie last year at a lake near to me, got carp in that are over 50 also. Seen a shoal of carp there once all looked 30+. If the river stays too high and fast for me might give that lake a bash. 15 minutes from my place, so handy enough to prebait.

Good luck mate, I'd like to come over for some fishing sometime (somewhere like the ebro :icon_redface: )
  • Like 2