Russell bitch

Alright chaps, well just been giving a load of new permission on a few farms local that have had a fair bit of poultry taken by old reynard lately.So last week me and a friend decided to have a walk around with the lamp and gun to try our luck.One farmer told us that he had seen a fair size fox in one area a few times so off we headed. First field a few roe and a load of rabbits but no charlie! In the second field bingo he was there but the wind was completely wrong and he was having none of it. So the next day i decided to take a walk around with the russell and shot gun. As i approached the same field and not 50 yards from where he was at night the dog shot in a lovely 3 hole place beside a stream. I could here her baying within a few minutes so i stood back quiet and hoped for the bolt! It never happened straight away but after a short while sure enough he was shot and accounted for. For me was a real good result as this little russel i have struggled to find much with through the winter, she bolted 2 quite early on and from then on a few on top. Just hope she can go on next season and its the making of a good dog. :thumbs:

• Like 1

Alright chaps, well just been giving a load of new permission on a few farms local that have had a fair bit of poultry taken by old reynard lately.So last week me and a friend decided to have a walk around with the lamp and gun to try our luck.One farmer told us that he had seen a fair size fox in one area a few times so off we headed. First field a few roe and a load of rabbits but no charlie! In the second field bingo he was there but the wind was completely wrong and he was having none of it. So the next day i decided to take a walk around with the russell and shot gun. As i approached the same field and not 50 yards from where he was at night the dog shot in a lovely 3 hole place beside a stream. I could here her baying within a few minutes so i stood back quiet and hoped for the bolt! It never happened straight away but after a short while sure enough he was shot and accounted for. For me was a real good result as this little russel i have struggled to find much with through the winter, she bolted 2 quite early on and from then on a few on top. Just hope she can go on next season and its the making of a good dog. :thumbs:

post-13000-0-03903000-1335211337_thumb.jpg

• Like 16
  • 4 weeks later...