DEFIANT OGIVE

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Suffered awful quality from one of the best brands/manufacturers in the market (allegedly), that is why I buy American ammunition! Never had a bad pellet since I changed brands either...

That looks like one hell of a lump !

whats the difference between these and normal defiants?

ATB

Adam

the weight and shape mate

the .22 ones are 16gn and theyre "bullet" shaped heads

Darryl

:hmm: must be my uneducated eyes

they going to take logun penetrator's spot in the market?

they look good anyway .. even if they are the wrong calibre :laugh::thumbs: anyone going to take the plunge and let us know how they shoot?

ATB

Adam

Someone on the BSA owners club forum has put a post up showing his results of using them at 40 yards and they look impressive. Sorry I cant link to the post, just do a search in google and the link is on there!

Atb Mawders

Anyone tried them???

They look quite a hard hitting pellet if theyre anything like the Standard Defiant

Darryl

Hi Darryl.

Not tried them yet, but on my list to do :yes:

Consistancy and quality of the Defients is brilliant, which is what us shooters need..........., some of the gash thats out there is terrible for quality.

With the effort we put into selecting, conditioning, and trials, its nice to start off on the right foot from the beggining, if possible.

Just out of interest, have a look at a few pellets under a magnifying glass ( A bit anal I know :D ) but when you see the variations in shape and head size, not to mention varying skirt thickness and balance.

Easy to see then why some of us can suffer fron pellet spiral and lack of consistant accuracy, especially at the longer distances.

Add to that inconsistant wieghts and your on a hiding to nothing.

Massive gap in the market for QUALITY and CONSISTANT pellet manufacture :yes:

I would gladly pay a little extra for a well produced pellet, after all, its a very important part of set ups :thumbs:

Just my thoughts mate.

Bill.

Edited by Sweeney-Todd

The original report in the BSAOG was made in Jan,08. general opinion then by other posters was much the same as nowadays, some loved them some found no advantage over their favourit lead ammo.

Just been reading a poll started by Clubshot on the "Shooting the breeze" forum, again in 09. the pax pellet wasnt liked at all by 70% of the members who some said it was OK in still air but badly affected by wind!. best to try them yourselves I suppose.

Edited by Tron

Anyone tried them???

They look quite a hard hitting pellet if theyre anything like the Standard Defiant

Darryl

Hi Darryl.

Consistancy and quality of the Defients is brilliant, which is what us shooters need..........., some of the gash thats out there is terrible for quality.

With the effort we put into selecting, conditioning, and trials, its nice to start off on the right foot from the beggining, if possible.

Just out of interest, have a look at a few pellets under a magnifying glass ( A bit anal I know :D ) but when you see the variations in shape and head size, not to mention varying skirt thickness and balance.

Easy to see then why some of us can suffer fron pellet spiral and lack of consistant accuracy, especially at the longer distances.

I would gladly pay a little extra for a well produced pellet, after all, its a very important part of set ups :thumbs:

Just my thoughts mate.

Bill.

When you get them, you can let me try a few, along with those H@N ftt's you promised me :whistling:

Anyone tried them???

Darryl

Hi Darryl.

Just my thoughts mate.

Bill.

When you get them, you can let me try a few, along with those H@N ftt's you promised me :whistling:

For you mate.........anything............ ( within reason of course ) :D Hopefully be about for a short spell next week buddy.