Oil heating boiler problem?

i know the outcome to this,,,,, you will piss about with it all day,,,, then at teatime you will concide defeat,,, but it will be to late to get someone out,,, and tomorow is sunday,,, double time proberbly,,, :laugh: the mrs will give you more shit,, and you will wait till monday :D

• Like 2

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Loosen the Allen key and keep trying to fire it up till plenty of oil is coming out then retighten and should fire up .... Have to do this all the time being poor and always running out of oil lol

i know the outcome to this,,,,, you will piss about with it all day,,,, then at teatime you will concide defeat,,, but it will be to late to get someone out,,, and tomorow is sunday,,, double time pro

I've taken through about half a litre of oil, i'm stinking of the f*****g stuff and its still cutting out. Getting angry now.....should i try booting the thing....

Posted Images

I've sorted my oil fired heating problems out .........

:D

I moved house to get away from that type of heating, absolutely fecking hated it!!!!

Couldn't believe how expensive it turned out to be to run, 60 quid a week, more when the oil goes up, is ridiculous, how are people supposed to afford that?

The stress that caused me over the last 2 years, worrying about having enough oil ......... this year I decided to use the open fire more .......... and was using a bag of coal a day @ £8.50! That's on top of tons and tons of Oak.

When I moved in the Estates manager dipped the tank and charged me for the oil, when I move out he'll dip it again and refund whatever is in there .......... :whistling:

i know the outcome to this,,,,, you will piss about with it all day,,,, then at teatime you will concide defeat,,, but it will be to late to get someone out,,, and tomorow is sunday,,, double time proberbly,,, :laugh: the mrs will give you more shit,, and you will wait till monday :D

That was yesterday.....mu usual plumber is in Cardiff on a stag and i'm f****d if i'm paying for someone to rape me blind for probably a half hour job. She'll just have to grin and bear it. I might just get drunk..... :D

I've sorted my oil fired heating problems out .........

:D

I moved house to get away from that type of heating, absolutely fecking hated it!!!!

Couldn't believe how expensive it turned out to be to run, 60 quid a week, more when the oil goes up, is ridiculous, how are people supposed to afford that?

The stress that caused me over the last 2 years, worrying about having enough oil ......... this year I decided to use the open fire more .......... and was using a bag of coal a day @ £8.50! That's on top of tons and tons of Oak.

When I moved in the Estates manager dipped the tank and charged me for the oil, when I move out he'll dip it again and refund whatever is in there .......... :whistling:

Well thanks very much for that...............hope your toasty..... :censored::laugh:

You see that flexi pipe going into the pump,come up from that connection,there's a long hex bolt sticking out with the alan screw in the center of it?

Done that mate. I must have taken out a litre of oil last night and this morning from that bit your on about

hi mate,I have a couple of fan heaters that you can have,at least they will heat the place until you get the boiler sorted...should get the wife off yer back...lol

Lol..... I've got about 50 gas heaters mate for the birds but you've gave me a cracking idea... Burn the f*****g arse of her.... Lol

Cheers.

you may have a lot of air in the system now so, undo the flex pipe and let it feed into a tray (i use a old deep sided baking try) then when you have a nice flow with no bubbles pops and farts then place the flex hose back on and nip tight,

try starting it again and repeat until it runs with no issues, wish i still lived in Falklands i could have popped down and done it for you

bob.

you may have a lot of air in the system now so, undo the flex pipe and let it feed into a tray (i use a old deep sided baking try) then when you have a nice flow with no bubbles pops and farts then place the flex hose back on and nip tight,

try starting it again and repeat until it runs with no issues, wish i still lived in Falklands i could have popped down and done it for you

bob.

I wish you stayed in falkland too.....:-(

Ok like a right diddy i ran out of oil for my heating yesterday. Thought i had enough till the end of April but because the girl has the fecking thing on all the time its used more than i bargained for. So today i got it filled up and the boiler is getting oil to it as i have bled the system just incase of an air lock( thats happened before).......but the f*****g thing wont fire up. It tries and a little black smoke comes out the flume and then it cuts off.

Any ideas of whats wrong or how to fix it. As i said its done it before and somehow it just went again but i'm getting grief for no heating and i'd like to get it going again before i strangle her........ :D

Thats a shame just keep trying :laugh:

Ok like a right diddy i ran out of oil for my heating yesterday. Thought i had enough till the end of April but because the girl has the fecking thing on all the time its used more than i bargained for. So today i got it filled up and the boiler is getting oil to it as i have bled the system just incase of an air lock( thats happened before).......but the f*****g thing wont fire up. It tries and a little black smoke comes out the flume and then it cuts off.

Any ideas of whats wrong or how to fix it. As i said its done it before and somehow it just went again but i'm getting grief for no heating and i'd like to get it going again before i strangle her........ :D

Thats a shame just keep trying :laugh:

Thanks..... Lol

hi bud did you get your boiler up and running mate if not

you might have to bleed the oil pipe at the boiler end if i remember rightly you have to place one pipe in a canister of oil but cant remember which one bud sorry if you have the instructions this might tell you any way as you place the pipe in the canister of oil it is sucking this through as you start to bleed the system from the main tank as the filter gets full and it has to be over a certain point in the filter glass to work correctly.

ALSO BUD IS THERE A RESET BUTTON ON THE BOILER OR RESET SWITCH AS IT SOUNDS LIKE ITS LOCKING OUT. IS IT A PILOT LIGHT THAT IS AUTOMATICLY FIRED WHEN THE BOILER IS TURNED ON OR CALLING FOR HOT WATER OR HEATING OR IS IT A PILOT LIGHT YOU HAVE TO LIGHT YOUR SELF good luck mate regards openseason