night vision tested!!!

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

packed up in what way?

try tracking what item is at fault

Its one of the dashboard cams stubby its a all in one unit ....it worked ok for a while then a flicker and a flash and it died... its no loss it kept me entertained for a hour or 2 for 11 quid..... i would have spent more than that in the pub.

my ir filter i made works ok out to about 30 yards with a night camera so i dont think it works to well but I may of just been to the limit of the camera it only a little fixed point door security cam with night vision still waiting for the zoom lens to come. where can i buy this ir film people talking about as i can not find the size i need on evilbay I am using my deban lamp about 8cm lens or is a lazer ir better and how much are they

I got one of these a bit heavy the case ,I got the 120 degree I think not the 30 degree...

30 Deg 60M 2W High-Power Outdoor 850nm IR Illuminator..http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/30-Deg-60M-2W-High-Power-Outdoor-850nm-IR-Illuminator-/200625888214?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2eb63c1bd6

I have a yukon ir torch that mounts on night scopes this thing of ebay is a lot more light.I have just made a night sight with camera and monitor the light of this is excerlent 50m easy .the problem is the weight .the light would have to be mounted under the for grip .Or ?????? I was thinking of stripping the thig apart and throwing away the case had a little look but went for under the for end for the minuet.

How much power from a light do I need to get out to about 150 meters I notice that alot of you seem to be saying around 50 meters easy but I shot with rimfire and around 100 yards away and yes I no this is air rifle forum but you peps are the only ones that seem to talk about home made night vision I dont think I will have to much trouble getting the camera to work out that far but looking I think the light needed will be my problem.

yes I no this is air rifle forum

a trip to specsavers is needed, this is THE HUNTING LIFE forum, there are plenty of links provided in my old posts to others sites talking about homemade night vision/air rifle stuff

a trip to specsavers is needed, this is THE HUNTING LIFE forum, there are plenty of links provided in my old posts to others sites talking about homemade night vision/air rifle stuff

Ha Ha what I am saying is the air rifle forum is the only one that seems to talk about home made night vision no one on the rimfire forum talk about home made stuff they just buy the gen stuff I dont have the money for that and this stuff looks good as any thing like that if not better. But I am having a problem getting ir light to work out to 100 plus meters and wondered what sort of power lights I would need to get out that far as you seem to be in the know