Get a kennel built...job done

:hmm: surly a dog that has bitten not once but twice in the house will do it again no matter where its kept..remembering that its bitten the person who has to go in feed it , walk it etc, i know its a hard desicion but it has to be made.. :(

I can forgive an excited Jack Russell but if it was a bull then I agree.

Keep it out of the house, work the bugger hard and see how it goes.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Get a kennel built...job done

:hmm: surly a dog that has bitten not once but twice in the house will do it again no matter where its kept..remembering that its bitten the person who has to go in feed it , walk it etc, i know its a hard desicion but it has to be made.. :(

I can forgive an excited Jack Russell but if it was a bull then I agree.

Keep it out of the house, work the bugger hard and see how it goes.

f**k me stabs that didnt take you long :laugh: fair play to your reasons behind your post though ;)

Sorry but as a long term owner of Jack Russells i'd not give this dog house room, the old fella used to say to me once a dogs bitten it cannot be trusted again, best way for it is a walk down doggy central :( imagine what it will do when the baby cries! if it gets hyped over a fire alarm well.............. its your dog though & you have a few other options i guess, 1) if the dogs not neutered & you have no plans to breed it have him done, won't affect his working ability if you intend working him but it may calm him down a bit 2) definately consider a kennel for both dogs not just the one, reason i say this is because the russell will see he is the only one outside & take a jealous edge to the other dog then you'd have a right nightmare, if both are put out & allowed in under supervision only & at your time you may get some respect back off him, it may make life easier.

Whats your wifes thoughts on this one?

Edited by CumbrianJack

same thing happened to me with a jrt bit my sister was given a reprieve 2 months later he attacked and bit me he ws pts immediatly you MUST do the same with a baby on the way all this bollocks about "show him whos boss" and pecking order the problem is the new baby will be bottom of the pecking order and will be very vunerable

Needs to be Put to sleep mate, sorry. Might be hard to do, but is the only way IMO

Might be a different situation if you didnt have Baby on the way. Crate might sound OK, but whats it going to do? Live in a crate its whole life?

Hard decision, but maybe if people reacted quicker then we might not have shittys things like BSL.

JMO, H&J :cry::good:

Guest NICOLA

id of give it a good fecking hiding :icon_eek: also get it outside terriers that that get above there station are a bloody nightmare mine started geting a bit snappy and protective over me i got him outside and hes alot better now! also has he been worked latley id do like the lads said on here get him out maybe hes got to much pent up energy? :hmm:

Edited by NICOLA

Thanks for your replys, oneredtrim your last post has really struck a cord with me. thinking back through the situaiton the dog was scared both me and my wife was shouting at him, the fire alarm was screaming and top it off the other terrier was in his face. i grabbed the dog to move him to another room and was thinking shit he was biting me and i pretty much did the same as you and through him up at the bedroom wall and gave him a good boot, he dived under the bed all the while the fire alarm is still screaming my wife bless her cotton socks is nine months pregnant was hysterical. i caught sight of my self in the bedroom mirror, i was bright red my veins bursting out of my head and i was going to kill him with my bare hands, so i got on my knees under the bed and was shouting at him to come out. i couldn't get hold of him then something happened which made me lower my voice and i called him to which he sheepishly came out and he came out straight away and submitted to me. the whole situation calmed down and my wife said that i needed to go to hospital to get some antibotics. i got in the car and drove to hospital, i pulled over because for the first time that i can remember i started crying as it dawned on me that i would need to put him down. i could not believe that a dog i devote my life to, feed the best food and take for long runs at 5.20 everymorning had done this to me. when it comes to exercise i run with both dogs everymorning as i enjoy fell running so exercise is not the problem, however training is and this is where i have gone wrong with him. I've come up with an action plan i've enrolled him on a course, i'm also arranging him to be exercised once a week with other dogs, have invested in cages. unfortunately i can't keep it outside but i'm gonna give him 100%. i will closely monitor him and if he shows another sign of aggression which he has never done before as he enjoys attention of people i will put him down. i fully understand that the dog doesn't understand his position in the hierachy but this is going to be reinforced and i'm gonna spend more time training with him. i don't dig either of the dogs but they do go ratting etc.

If you are going to keep him and he is going to be indoors that is your choice, but for your wife's and new baby's sake at least muzzle him when not in the crate, :thumbs-up:

personally if it was me he wouldnt be in the house, I had a problem with a border collie which became aggressive in the past, if it was just me I would have given her yet another chance but with the other half and a baby boy in the house I just couldn't take the chance! she was pts which was heart breaking but the only feasible option. :(

Don't let your wife or baby pay the price for an ill made decision, :no:

Guest Haggler

The dog will bite again. There are too many terriers that would never bite the hand that feeds them, look for one of them and put the biter down.

Been there and been twice bitten :angry:

Haggler