ok lads looking for a bit of advise im looking at buying a decent air rifel for rabbits as im over run with them on several farms i have and would appreciate any advise you can give most rabbits i can get to within 40 metres i did have a 22 bullet gun but lost my licence after a fight in town so now need a good air rifel many thanks joe

Hi there mate,

Seeing as you say that you are over run with bunnies i would advise straight away on a multi shot pcp.

This being said they can be quite expensive when you pile on charging gear etc.

For a relatively cheap pcp that is well capable of taking rabbits beyond the range you state i would recommend either a BSA Ultra multishot or a Air Arms S200 with multi shot conversion.

I know someone who is selling one now (the Ultra) for £200 and its a multishot .22 calibre rifle. I thinks its in the for sale section on here.

If your happy doing the job a little slower and want to safe a bit more money then id say go for a Weihrauch hW95K and get a 3-9x40 mildot scope and mounts. Yet again it will take the rabbits a lot further than the distance you have just mentioned (your skill depending) and it will last you a life time of shooting without the need for charging gear.

Alternately if you have a bit more money in your budget buy a Weihrauch HW97KT or Air Arms ProSport (both awesome rifles).

Si.

Edited by zini

If it is a big problem and you have money to spend and you have to kill rabbits industrialy theoben mark 2 .177 .If it can be done a bit more leisurely with less money hw 97k or aa s400 .177 ...177 in 12 ftlbs has the same trajectory as a 25 ftlbs 22 .and a 177 at 12 ftlbs will stop a rabbit a 90 yards with a head shot.

If it is a big problem and you have money to spend and you have to kill rabbits industrialy theoben mark 2 .177 .If it can be done a bit more leisurely with less money hw 97k or aa s400 .177 ...177 in 12 ftlbs has the same trajectory as a 25 ftlbs 22 .and a 177 at 12 ftlbs will stop a rabbit a 90 yards with a head shot.

:icon_eek:

If you previously lost a FAC for fighting I would just double check that there were no conditions imposed for any firearm.

archie no conditions were put on me had my licence for 20 years and a stupid big mouth cost me the lot

If you previously lost a FAC for fighting I would just double check that there were no conditions imposed for any firearm.

archie no conditions were put on me had my licence for 20 years and a stupid big mouth cost me the lot

We all live and learn mate. :thumbs: