Pcp or Springer? Your preference!

As the title says, i know a lot of people on this site have got/used both, so what do you prefer and why?

I do enjoy both, but my Hw97 always feels more satisfying, to be fair, i'm more accurate at a set target with a pcp, but when out in the field, it is just as accurate as my pcp's because it comes down more to my ability to judge ranges, wind etc.

It's the one gun i'd never sell.

So what do the rest of you think?

Springer for me, less F'in about, rather have a quality workhouse of a gun that i chuck under the bed and not think about and just grab when i fancy it and not have to think, just cock and go. Just as powerful and as accurate in the right hands and is not going to let me down. Also get more satisfying to kill something with than with the PCP.

HW77 for plinking, no air to worry about :D HW100KT for static whacking, if theres's a group of rabbits out you can normally whack a couple before they know whats hit them, you cant beat the quietness of a PCP for that :thumbs:

Jury is still out for me. I loved the multi shot capability of my pcp, but was too scared of the internals to even contemplate servicing it.

I adore that quality in my tx200's and HW97k. Can rip em open have a good nose and a tweak grease em up and slap back together, fantastic. But boy is it a bitch having to break your shooting position, sometimes cover, every shot. Sure it forces you to ensure every shot counts, but its not very good. That said, I'm never checking pressure. It's a moot point as I don't but I can sit there all day long.

I have only springers, until someone trades me for an s200 or similar, so I'll say springers is where i'm leaning presently....

cant beat a good springer! and i also think kills feel better got a 40-45 yard squirrrel other day with the 97kt made my day id only had 3 very close range kills up to that stage of the morning. (good stalking on my part actually lol)

obv good old multishot silent pcp for serious pest control has advantage.. but if you just want the odd bunny for a stew everynow and again cant beat a springer!!

Multi shot PCP for serious vermin control, but for pure pleasure of enjoyment AA ProSport or HW97KT.

Si.

cant beat a good springer! and i also think kills feel better got a 40-45 yard squirrrel other day with the 97kt made my day id only had 3 very close range kills up to that stage of the morning. (good stalking on my part actually lol)

obv good old multishot silent pcp for serious pest control has advantage.. but if you just want the odd bunny for a stew everynow and again cant beat a springer!!

I second both of those...

So it would seem that with all the improvements in pcp's and i agree, that for serious pest control, it would be the weapon of choice, (after a ferret ;) ) it seems that most people prefer a Springer for sheer enjoyment of shooting. I know i do :thumbs:

• Like 3