Countrymans weekly arrogance . . .

I must say i dont like to see rabbits getting karate chopped if you into a few it gets like a jackie chan movie on top of the burrow chin them and reset or replace a net the quickest and easiest way , And i reckon its a dig at the warrener But with yards and yards of nets set three or four dogs jumping and running into the nets and six guys with gun or catapults his dvds are good for a laugh a fecking dear laugh at £26.50 each but still a laugh

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm not sure why, but i quite often buy the countrymans weekly, it's something to read in work, where they have now blocked the hunting life on the computer. I can usually guarentee that there will be

its not even been fit for arse wiping for years ...

I'd say you definatly learn fieldcraft, and efficiency over time served. But you can def also pick up some kind of genius idea off someone who has been doing it for a season and is just a smart guy. A

Posted Images

Maybe but its too easy to bruise a rabbit chopping away at them ive seen them bruised from the neck down over the shoulders you never get that chinning them

• Like 2

As lab says, if done properly its all the same.

I genuinly think i can dispatch a rabbit in a net with a chop, as quickly and discretly as others chin them, and drop them to put a new net on.

Quite funny, but i noticed the other day i have a callous and an over developed muscle in my one hand where i chop them. From whacking the same point of my hand so many times.

Maybe but its too easy to bruise a rabbit chopping away at them ive seen them bruised from the neck down over the shoulders you never get that chinning them

See i hit the head / neck, rather than neck / shoulders. So no bruised meat. Usually they just bleed out the nose, like the brain has been mushed.

• Like 1

I genuinly think i can dispatch a rabbit in a net with a chop, as quickly and discretly as others chin them, and drop them to put a new net on.

Quite funny, but i noticed the other day i have a callous and an over developed muscle in my one hand where i chop them. From whacking the same point of my hand so many times.

Yes mate you blame that on the 'chopping'............... :whistling:

The one.........As i said doing it properly....who's whacking them on the back of the shoulders.... :icon_eek:

• Like 1

Yes mate you blame that on the 'chopping'............... :whistling:

The one.........As i said doing it properly....who's whacking them on the back of the shoulders.... :icon_eek:

No mate, thats the other hand, and its over developed wrist on that side :thumbs:

Im commenting on what ive seen guys hitting them on the shoulders two or three chops at a rabbit ,i cringe when i see that and dread a land onwer walking over when thats going on . A nice sized net the rabbits heads out the mesh hold the saddle of the rabbit head in the other hand and its over as you move it to reset the net ,some of those guys chopping away at them feel a need to take them out the net to chop them why ??.

Must admit I'm not a fan ov the chop much prefer the stretch , I read that article and agree it came across very arrogant as with most articles in the cmw they go on and on about how poachers are scum and theives but they'll do a page and a half on how the Warrener is the greatest poacher ov all not having a dig at the Warrener I hav a few of his dvds and really enjoy them just my opinion

Shooting with a catapult an art. and who in the right mind be running around with a gun in the first place. Cuz I dont get paid for rabbiting doesn't mean it's easy its still hard work with the cutting back cover, carrying your equipment, the diggs cuz of layups some of the ground is rock hard then there is lamping walking for hours climbing over gates carrying all them rabbits its not easy. He is a big headed moaning nob.