Where is Remote

....cause if you are could you let me know. I've got a grand here that would look pretty good at 100-1 odds.

So the deal is you get your c**t kicked in and I'm happy to go 50/50...... How's that???..:-)

• Like 1

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just to say thanks to the good folk off here who gave me help and advice i got back off my little trip Tuesday last week it was a piece of cake really nowhere near as bad as i thought it might be.....

I had completely forgotten that you were going to do this and hadn't realised you had been, done it and come back, good effort. There is something very uplifting and calming about having a week to yo

Thankyou sir ......its mad the way the mind plays tricks with you....no doubt about it there was times when i thought " f**k this what am i doing this for,never again "......but when i got back home

Posted Images

I had completely forgotten that you were going to do this and hadn't realised you had been, done it and come back, good effort.

There is something very uplifting and calming about having a week to yourself with only your thoughts to occupy you. I have known guys to crack after only a couple of days on their own, no mental stamina and even less spine. It's quite surprising how many people can't stand their own company and the silence and crave the creature comforts your house brings

I take my hat off to you for completing the task with no formal training. If you ever want to up the anti and go a bit rougher with less kit then I would be happy to have you down here for a day or two and show you a few things.

Once again well done ............

This was supposed to be a pm but your box is full ..............

• Like 6

I'll show you a thing or two in the dark black wilderness Sock's.. :whistling: ..no not what you are thinking i'm sure but i will show you how to light a fire with petrol and matches and i will also show you how to put a one man tent up from B@Q.. :D

not that difficult to fin just look for the biggest steroid freak with veins busting out his body you can see.if his face looks like it had a 50 foot arctic run over it thats likely him i know him you dont

fat AND ugly :icon_eek: ...................no im not having that.....your on your last chance now.....one more name and im telling my mum the big boys keep picking on me.............then your really for it !

• Like 3

I had completely forgotten that you were going to do this and hadn't realised you had been, done it and come back, good effort.

There is something very uplifting and calming about having a week to yourself with only your thoughts to occupy you. I have known guys to crack after only a couple of days on their own, no mental stamina and even less spine. It's quite surprising how many people can't stand their own company and the silence and crave the creature comforts your house brings

I take my hat off to you for completing the task with no formal training. If you ever want to up the anti and go a bit rougher with less kit then I would be happy to have you down here for a day or two and show you a few things.

Alright Socks...ta for the kind words and your right theres definately something about the silence and peace of being alone in the wilderness !!......Must admit the first few days had my arse twitching a bit .....not being alone that didnt bother me,just being alone there with nobody or nothing to help ask or rely on !.........After a few days though my confidence was up and it became very enjoyable......maybe even satisfying in a strange way.

You gave me a few good bits of advice beforehand,probably complete basics to you but invaluable to me :thumbs: ..........and id definately like to take you up on your offer at some stage as i,ll be pushing myself a little further next time ...............got a few thoughts on the go about what ..........In the mean time im getting myself fit for a race up Ben Nevis !!......another daft bet with the same mate who can reach the summit first....he,s got 8 years on me but its a challenge......after all life gets boring without the odd risk.

Cheers again.

Alright Socks...ta for the kind words and your right theres definately something about the silence and peace of being alone in the wilderness !!......Must admit the first few days had my arse twitching a bit .....not being alone that didnt bother me,just being alone there with nobody or nothing to help ask or rely on !.........After a few days though my confidence was up and it became very enjoyable......maybe even satisfying in a strange way.

You gave me a few good bits of advice beforehand,probably complete basics to you but invaluable to me :thumbs: ..........and id definately like to take you up on your offer at some stage as i,ll be pushing myself a little further next time ...............got a few thoughts on the go about what ..........In the mean time im getting myself fit for a race up Ben Nevis !!......another daft bet with the same mate who can reach the summit first....he,s got 8 years on me but its a challenge......after all life gets boring without the odd risk.

Cheers again.

ban nevis aint easy, enjoy :thumbs:

Cheers again.

WHEN DID THEY BAN NEVIS

They reckon between 3 and a half to 5 hours for average walkers........................im hoping for somewhere around 2 and a half :icon_redface: ............as long as i get their first i dont care how long it takes.............bit childish a running race.....but a bets a bet :D

They reckon between 3 and a half to 5 hours for average walkers........................im hoping for somewhere around 2 and a half :icon_redface: ............as long as i get their first i dont care how long it takes.............bit childish a running race.....but a bets a bet :D

i cannae wait to find oot ye time :D

No idea how physically fit you are mate but you'll have to be good on endurance if you want up there in 2 and a half. We were up in around 3 and a half if I remember correctly but that was waiting on others catching up at times.

We were down in about 2 but you can see the pub from a long way off and that doesn't half get the legs going.... Lol

• Like 2

3 and 1/2 to 5 just to the top or up and down? If you are fit and training for it you should be up and down in 3 1/2 I would have thought. I climbed it about 6 weeks ago. Then drove to Scarfell, climbed that and then gave another lad the drive to Wales. 20 mins into the drive to Snowdon my body bailed on me and I was travel sick all the way to Wales! 5 hours of wretching bile, spent most of the motorway with my head out the window, got to Snowdon car park, fell out of the car and slept on the hard tarmac, I felt shit, lol. We were bang on time to finnish the challenge with in 24hrs as well. Was a bit gutted but I can't do shit without getting travel sick, never that badly though.

But I loved Nevis! I felt strong going up and down and want to go back to see how fast I can climb it. The lads I was with were quite slow and I had to keep waiting when I lost sight of them. Very intimidating when you first see 'The Ben'.....

Edited by Born Hunter
  • Like 2