Intell thief

Heres a cautionary tale for all you pigeon shooters out there!

My good mate Dale (MIA) had been watching one of his permissions for a few days and putting in the hours of recce for our planned trip on sunday.

We got there early Sunday morning and set up a most salubrious hide, replete with bench seat, lunch, fit waitress etc etc and enjoyed the early morning sun as we waited for the action to start.

He'd been watching the numbers of woodies hitting the rape build since tuesday and we anticipated some good sport. But almost nothing!

In conversation he mentioned that he'd said about our plan and his witnessing of the pigeon numbers to the land manager, himself a very keen shooter.

After a lot of nothing, we went for a hedgeline mooch, one each side, hoping for something to flush (it did thank god!) and came across signs of a hide from a day or two ago, the tell-tale marks left by a seat, vegetation cast aside after being used to ameliorate a hide etc.

Clearly, the fecker had been out a day or two before us and filled his boots! b*****d!

I said to Dale "lesson learned eh pal?!"

Live and learn folks - careless talk costs pigeons!

Total bag? 4 pigeons and an equal number of bunnies.

THATS THE FARMERS FAULT SHOULD HAVE LET YOU NO!!!!!!!!!! OR YOU MATE SHOULD HAVE ASKED :yes: IF HE WAS THE ONLY PIGEON SHOOTER ON THE LAND LOL

The guy was the landmanager, so effectively, he was the farmer. And a b*****d.

Oops In the future keep it buttoned. We have a lad whose not a member of our club he shoots pigeons on our club lands because he has permission from the land owners. I've herd from others him say to farmers don't let them c**ts shoot pigeons here these are mine. Now i've not met this chap yet but I swear to fook when he meets me he's not going to know his arse from his elbow.

Maybe he had been watching them himself?

read the OP again

:rolleyes:

Just have in case I had missed something, but no, it's just the same as I read it the first time matey