• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

bit like useing a sledgehammer to kill a fly.   plummers cant be beat for allround rat/rabbit work. if bought from worker to worker. i'm speaking from experience on all counts. plummers can be a

I got russells and a plummer,the russell are from good stuff but they ain't in the same league when bushing or mooching as the plummer is.

yawns seen a few curs, farm collies and pound terriers ratting and bushing heavy cover, just cos your overpriced fancy mutts cant cut the mustard it doesnt mean im wrong

wheaten x whippet good all rounder for that job :thumbs:

bit like useing a sledgehammer to kill a fly.

plummers cant be beat for allround rat/rabbit work. if bought from worker to worker. i'm speaking from experience on all counts. :yes: plummers can be a little harder to keep. in my opinion. and good luck with whatever you choose :thumbs:

• Like 2

plummers cant be beat for allround rat/rabbit work. if bought from worker to worker. i'm speaking from experience on all counts. :yes: plummers can be a little harder to keep. in my opinion. and good luck with whatever you choose :thumbs:

What way are they harder to keep, do you mean when there at work or at home, thank,s for reply,s. :thumbs:

What way are they harder to keep, do you mean when there at work or at home, thank,s for reply,s. :thumbs:

my plummers are a little more vocal than any other breed ive kept. and can be noisy. they can be a little gassy. and will fight at the drop of a hat. when out working this settles down and is controllable. and the vocal thing is very handy when bushing. but these things can be a nuisence out of season. this is based on my own terriers. there will be people on here that have a lot more knowledge than me on the breed. they are on the plus side highly intelligent terriers and easily trained . this is a double edged sword as it also makes them easily ruined. i wouldnt have any other breed for top work now. yis. cs

I know of a lad paid £1500 for a springer that was working cover, he watched it work reeds and grass up in the dales, was good at that nice and steady.

took it home and it wouldnt enter brambles

They can also be that noisy that they push the rabbits out too far ahead or worse still to ground, £1500 is alot of money for a bushing dog :icon_eek: , even worse when it wont do the type of work he bought it for, did he keep it.