Car Park Bull x Pup Update.

Some of you may remember about a year ago i put up a thread about a friend of mine rescuing a pup. It wa found in a car park and was in a bad way, no fur, really thin, and scared. The first folk he showed it to said it was some kind of lurcher, probably collie x, but as soon as i saw it it was obviously bully. We settled on bull x whippet with some collie somewhere. Anyway, that was a year ago, and over the last year, she has gone from a skinny runt, scared of her own shadow, that wouldnt come near you etc, to a nice healthy bitch, really calm and friendly, likes a play with the other dogs and a race about and has chased a few bunnys in the day.

My mate came over tonight for dinner and brought her. We decided to go for a stroll after with the lamp to show her for the first time, and as my mate has never been lamping or seen a dog properly catch a bunny. So off we went, and had a walk around a couple of local fields. First one, slipped finn and he went through a hedge onto a road after the rabbits, lucky it was quiet and he came back well. Couple of field later, i get to a brow and get a really nice long slip on a rabbit flying down the hill, off finn goes at high speed, catches up near the edge, turns it back a long a ridge and away from the egde of the beam, back into space and nails it. I'd love to say he brought it back live to hand, but he walked out of the beam and sat wth it playing, until i seperated myself from the other dog. But still, my mate was buzzing with seeing a really good run and catch, and i was really happy finn had caught a challenging rabbit with an audience :thumbs: The pup was watching it all and started to pull at the lamp a bit :thumbs: There were no more rabbits so we headed home.

I think my mate was converted, he now plans to lamp his bitch :victory::thumbs: So here's a pic one year on :thumbs:

DSCF6472.jpg

• Like 2

Cheers lads, she isn't running fit obviously, but she has the makings of a good dog to have about and fill the pot for her owner. To see her now compared to what she was like when found at a couple of months old is great.