Metal detecting find

Just found a bullet while out metal detecting. Its a colt .45 bullet. Not sure of legalities with regard to owning a live bullet that i havent got a cert for so i disposed of it. Thought id share a pic. Was going to clean it all up but thought there was no point.

post-10515-0-16174200-1332520290_thumb.jpg

I found a full clip of 7.92 Kar98 ammunition when I was in France. It was near a system of WW2 German bunkers. I was well chuffed and thought it was pretty interesting but then realised that I would be breaking the law and be hung out to dry if caught with them on the ferry home. The were corroded and unusable but knowing customs....

Wedge it between a branch and fire an airgun at it lol joking btw that would be inaproriate and reckless.

good fun though use to do it with 12 bore shells plugged into holes in a 45 gallon oil drum :laugh:

Wedge it between a branch and fire an airgun at it lol joking btw that would be inaproriate and reckless.

good fun though use to do it with 12 bore shells plugged into holes in a 45 gallon oil drum :laugh:

and what happened? im under the impression it would do alot because its not in a chamber?

and what happened? im under the impression it would do alot because its not in a chamber?

very load bang when you hit it :laugh:

i found a morter last yeah, was gonna keep it and thought na best not and took to the police station. never seen so many people shit themselves lol. they got bomb disposal out and it turned out to be a ww2 smoke morter

:laugh: .....Reminds me of my grandad telling me about putting shells in a vice when they were younger... :icon_eek: Seemingly they hit one once and someone else was hiding around the corner and he got shot in the thumb nail......ouch... :laugh:

i found a morter last yeah, was gonna keep it and thought na best not and took to the police station. never seen so many people shit themselves lol. they got bomb disposal out and it turned out to be a ww2 smoke morter

:laugh:

:laugh: .....Reminds me of my grandad telling me about putting shells in a vice when they were younger... :icon_eek: Seemingly they hit one once and someone else was hiding around the corner and he got shot in the thumb nail......ouch... :laugh:

when we use to do metal work at school, i use to chuck a few hilti carts in the forge at the start of the lessons :laugh:
  • Like 1

We used to steal railway detonaors and drop slabs on them. Stopped it rather sharpage after some c**t nearly lost an eye lol

looking back some of the things we got up to, you would get locked up for now :laugh: lighting fires a floating bags full of acetylene into them :laugh: use to shake all the windows in the street :laugh: chucking asbestos onto fire to make it explode and making mortars from airosole cans and cast drainpipes :laugh:

Very true mate some of the things we did were just plain idotic and when i think backbon them now, it actually sends a shiver up my spine. Back then kids were fearless.

we use to pinch mercury jam jars full, from the bearings of the piss whip arms down the local sewerage works and spend hours playing with it :icon_eek: play chicken on the train tracks my mate was killed, i was run over playing it on the road a few months before, we were nutts :yes: good old days :laugh: :laugh: