why do bull crosses have there own class at shows?????

Hmmm this is controversial,but I tend to agree why should we have a seperate class for Bull x,and who decided this should be so in the first place,if we had a class for every different type of lurcher we would be here all day and night until the winners finally got decided, and if the bull x dont conform to normal lurcher specifications then they are not lurchers in the true sense of the word andshould not be entered in lurcher shows full stop.

If thats the basis of your argument..then why have different classes for terriers eh? could go on but imo its a pointless thread goin nowhere..atb stabba

but you still replyed to it :laugh:

Stupidity on my part ...sometimes its hard not to get sucked in to some of the more outlandishly silly unthought out reply,s :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:;)
  • Like 1

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

keeps all the knobs in the one place

Isn't the idea of the independant shows (not those that travel the country like a straw bale roadshow) to raise money for local hunts and or terrier / lurcher clubs?   Get as many classes in as poss

is a lurcher a fixed shape???

Posted Images

Isn't the idea of the independant shows (not those that travel the country like a straw bale roadshow) to raise money for local hunts and or terrier / lurcher clubs?

Get as many classes in as possible and get the quids rolling in, local hunt and club shows provide much needed funds.

Yep, thats spot on, that is the greater cause and thats why folk shouldn't stand there moaning about it, pay a quid an get in the ring!

Even though I don't agree with seperate classes, because they are all fecking lurchers, i'd sooner 'donate' a pound and go with the flow.

On the subject of seperate classes, any decent judge should be quite able to judge a half cross bull against a beddie whippet or a saluki cross, because he should judge for quality 'of type' against the next one of different type.... Is that dog the best specimen of its 'type'..??

We know that some raging beauties, particulary those dogs of deerhoundy linage, show stoppers almost all, can always turn heads but a judge who can see best of type and then put those dogs in order of condition and presence... Then you got yourself a decent show...

;)

• Like 2

Isn't the idea of the independant shows (not those that travel the country like a straw bale roadshow) to raise money for local hunts and or terrier / lurcher clubs?

Get as many classes in as possible and get the quids rolling in, local hunt and club shows provide much needed funds.

Yep, thats spot on, that is the greater cause and thats why folk shouldn't stand there moaning about it, pay a quid an get in the ring!

Even though I don't agree with seperate classes, because they are all fecking lurchers, i'd sooner 'donate' a pound and go with the flow.

On the subject of seperate classes, any decent judge should be quite able to judge a half cross bull against a beddie whippet or a saluki cross, because he should judge for quality 'of type' against the next one of different type.... Is that dog the best specimen of its 'type'..??

We know that some raging beauties, particulary those dogs of deerhoundy linage, show stoppers almost all, can always turn heads but a judge who can see best of type and then put those dogs in order of condition and presence... Then you got yourself a decent show...

;)

I'd say you know from personal experience too what happens when a judge favours a bull bred dog over a more traditional lurcher ......... :laugh:

They spend the next 3 hours justifying their decision to disgruntled owners :laugh:

I'll have the engine running next time, just give them the trophy and rosette and we can get the fook out of there quick!

From an observers point of view, I like to see classes of similar dogs, just makes the show look "tidier" and I like things to be tidy, it's a bit of a problem I have.

• Like 3

Hmmm this is controversial,but I tend to agree why should we have a seperate class for Bull x,and who decided this should be so in the first place,if we had a class for every different type of lurcher we would be here all day and night until the winners finally got decided, and if the bull x dont conform to normal lurcher specifications then they are not lurchers in the true sense of the word andshould not be entered in lurcher shows full stop.

If thats the basis of your argument..then why have different classes for terriers eh? could go on but imo its a pointless thread goin nowhere..atb stabba

Stupidity on my part ...sometimes its hard not to get sucked in to some of the more outlandishly silly unthought out reply,s :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:;)

More like you like the sound of your own type and need to be noticed lol

:laugh:

At the weekend we had 4 lads with Bull X's hanging around the start line watching the racing and you could tell they were muttering "not worth racing" so we offered them a go with just their hounds. 4 dirty great big Bull X's bouncing up the track chasing a plastic bag was a sight to see, the 4 lads went away well chuffed and no blood was spilt :laugh: .

They deserve their own class because (personal opinion) they are a different kind of Lurcher.

• Like 2
Guest borntoevade1988

Very nice dog. And I should think it did win: look at what show it was entered in: EDRD. Show for working dogs. Not your average country fair.

It won the countryman's weekly Lurcher champion of champions as well in the same year at the midland game fair....

proper dog i have one of thease too what a awsume dog thanks to x38 top bloke but has been banned now for no reason there are some childish cu*ts on here you know who you are makeing up lies any way what comes around goes around and i truly belive in that lol

At the weekend we had 4 lads with Bull X's hanging around the start line watching the racing and you could tell they were muttering "not worth racing" so we offered them a go with just their hounds. 4 dirty great big Bull X's bouncing up the track chasing a plastic bag was a sight to see, the 4 lads went away well chuffed and no blood was spilt :laugh: .

They deserve their own class because (personal opinion) they are a different kind of Lurcher.

this is what shows should be about, a day out a bit of a laugh and a chance to show off yer mutts, it aint about rossettes, politics or overpriced burgers.

• Like 1

this is what shows should be about, a day out a bit of a laugh and a chance to show off yer mutts, it aint about rossettes, politics or overpriced burgers.

:thumbs: