why do bull crosses have there own class at shows?????

first i best start by saying im not really into shows but why does the above take place at most of them you see on here??? surly it creates a divided between "them and us" type people on both sides!!! you get fine looking speciems in all Xs so why not throw them altogether in over 23in or under 23in :hmm: just seems pointless and stupid to me, they are just lurchers as much as any other cross and dont deserve any special treatment :thumbs:

Hey I'm quite happy for there to be a "them and us"!!!!

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

keeps all the knobs in the one place

Isn't the idea of the independant shows (not those that travel the country like a straw bale roadshow) to raise money for local hunts and or terrier / lurcher clubs?   Get as many classes in as poss

is a lurcher a fixed shape???

Posted Images

do you have to be a knob to own a bullx ?

very steriotypical :hmm:

no you don't have to be a knob to own a bull cross, but he's saying all the knobs own one, which is pretty much bang on!

Sorry , don`t believe this at all,, quite a few round my way run big deerhound x`s

Bull x`s are not for me,, at all, but fuckme I`ve seen some stunning looking ones!!! real beauties!

first i best start by saying im not really into shows but why does the above take place at most of them you see on here??? surly it creates a divided between "them and us" type people on both sides!!! you get fine looking speciems in all Xs so why not throw them altogether in over 23in or under 23in :hmm: just seems pointless and stupid to me, they are just lurchers as much as any other cross and dont deserve any special treatment :thumbs:

It's to keep them away from real running dogs.....lol

:yahoo::snack:

no you don't have to be a knob to own a bull cross, but he's saying all the knobs own one, which is pretty much bang on!

Sorry , don`t believe this at all,, quite a few round my way run big deerhound x`s

Bull x`s are not for me,, at all, but fuckme I`ve seen some stunning looking ones!!! real beauties!

I agree, shame they seem to attract a certain type of person.

I agree, shame they seem to attract a certain type of person.

Me :laugh: :laugh:

is lurcher isnt a set shape but has certain conformatities that should be looked for when judging and unfortunately alot of bullxs especially halfxs and even some 1/4s just dont match upto that so they have there own class because you look for different characteristics. judging a bullx next to a whippet is like putting a shitzu in with great danes

I don't believe im doing this but......

Spot on :thumbs:

is lurcher isnt a set shape but has certain conformatities that should be looked for when judging and unfortunately alot of bullxs especially halfxs and even some 1/4s just dont match upto that so they have there own class because you look for different characteristics. judging a bullx next to a whippet is like putting a shitzu in with great danes

You agreed with 4567891011121314

Oh my god,,,who does that??

Bull are a different shape to your typical lurcher and need judged differently but heres something to think about take small dogs they arent in the same class as big dogs but your not fussed about that or what about smooth and rough coats being in different classes so why have a dig about the bulls and also there are bull x classes because some shows have qualifiers for edrd ect which have bull x championship

Most judges wouldn't give a bull cross a second glance, that is why they have their own classes. Unless we are talking about 3/4 Grey, 1/4 Bull, most Bull crosses would be considered too heavily built to merit a rosette. First cross Collie/Greys are in the same boat: no one would look twice at them either in a show ring. When most judges are looking for sighthound lookalikes, shorter, heavier or less streamlined dogs are out on their ears. Showing is all about elegance, dainty, racehorse type animals, which is probably why there aren't many workers seen inside a show ring.

Oh, and predominantly Saluki types don't often get a look in either as there is still a lot of prejudice against them: why I haven't the faintest idea.

Edited by skycat
  • Like 1

Isn't the idea of the independant shows (not those that travel the country like a straw bale roadshow) to raise money for local hunts and or terrier / lurcher clubs?

Get as many classes in as possible and get the quids rolling in, local hunt and club shows provide much needed funds.

• Like 4

:huh::blink::huh::blink: I thought you were sensible, you need to get to bed Moll, you're all delirious!!!!! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

think skycat and strong stuff sum it up nicely :thumbs:

123456 please tell me what " certain conformatities" a bull cross doesnt have that other types do :icon_eek:

You wouldn't want to comb and clean your dog all day to get beaten of a bullx now would you.......... :whistling:

• Like 1

Bull are a different shape to your typical lurcher and need judged differently but heres something to think about take small dogs they arent in the same class as big dogs but your not fussed about that or what about smooth and rough coats being in different classes so why have a dig about the bulls and also there are bull x classes because some shows have qualifiers for edrd ect which have bull x championship

well as for big,small,rough or smooth i didnt think i had to mention that as its pretty standard that they will be split up in to separate classes :blink:

a 3/8s 5/8s collie can easily be a very similar size/shape/type to a 3/8s 5/8s bull so why cant they be judged together???

think most are just scared of big bad bull cross owners tbh :cray: