2nd Afternoon Out

Paid another visit to the permission this afternoon ,it was a bit colder and windier than i thought it would be,but the forecast was for sunny spells later on.Set up a chalk target at my zero range of 35 mtr's and found i needed 1 mildot to the right/left with the wind.First shot of the day was at the ferals feeding on the cattle feed,35 mtr's went for the head shot and missed due to the gust's of wind around the barns.Luckily for me they all didn't fly of,second shot was taken i opted to take a heart/lung shot,the pellet hit home and the pigeon died almost instantly.On entering the first field i noticed a few doves sitting in the top of a tree ,got within a lazered 45 mtr's and decided to take on a head shot only.I gave it 1 mildot holdover and took the shot ,i could see the pellet through the scope just whizz over its head,the dove ducked and looked around as if tosay what the f*** was that. Adjustment was made for the second shot and the pellet struck home straight through it's head.Walking down the first field the rabbits were out in force,but they could see me approaching due to the lack of foliage ,and made a quick exit.Decided to sit by a telegraph which is in the field and wait,within 10 minutes one showed itself lazered it,30 mtr took the shot ,perfect head shot.The second rabbit fell at a spot i'd noticed on previous visits, large warren underneath them prickly bushes .As i approached the warren i noticed 3 or 4 chasing each other but not giving me a clear shot,so i lay down and waited,within minutes 1 came down the hill into a clear patch and sat there giving me a perfect shot, a quick lazer 30 mtr shot was taken and another clean head shot.The 3rd rabbit was taken on the opposite side of the permission,its bordered by strips of fir tree woods ,could see plenty of rabbits bobbing in and out of the woods, i sat and waited to ,see if any came out in range,20 minutes later one showed itself lazered it at 62 mtrs and started to go further away,no shot.I went across to the other side of the field which has a hedge row running down the full length of the field,which is full of rabbit holes.On approach i could see rabbits sitting out inthe late afternoon sun,got to within 40 mtrs and i could see ahead behind a nettle leaf,took the shot and heard the unmistakable thwack of pellet hitting home,another clean kill.The last rabbit was taken where the first was taken,there was even more out this time around,sat by the telegraph pole and waited,i spotted this one coming down the hill,but was behind a chicken wire fence,it moved along the netting trying to find a gap so it could get to the field,what it did find was a clearing in the hedge in which i could get a clear shot,35 mtr's lazered and i took the shot ,killed cleanly with a head shot.All in all another great day out,did see a few rabbits today gathering moss/leafs etc for bedding,also saw a lot of young ones later on in the afternoon. On saying my goodbyes to the family, the farmer informed me the rape on his other farm was getting battered by the woodies,so thats a job for the shoty some time soon...ste

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j5JPDXZJEMQ

• Like 2

BRILLIANT JUST BRILLIANT :yes: ,

Lovely clear footage there Ste and very very very nice shooting :thumbs: .

Its so nice to see some proper clean and humane shooting on the site done by a real marksman, and it doesn't get any better than that buddy :toast: .

Makes me want to get out and shoot some bunnies myself.

I also love what you have done with the Air Wolf pal :yes: it looks the proper job :thumbs: and that Huggett silencer seems to really quieten down its muzzle report to a dull putt.

Thanks for sharing buddy, for me that's the best shooting and clip I've seen / witnessed in 2012 by far.

Si.

nice shooting there mate some long old shots by the looks just remember you should be very careful shooting at targets on the brow of a hill for saftey reason mate well done though good video

:thumbs: 100% agree on the safety issue mick,clad you liked the vid