what would you guys put to a pure saluki bitch

Why the hell would anyone put a Deerhound type over a pure Saluki, if they were wanting lamping dogs ?? If you MUST use a pure Saluki, then the Sire has to be something with early pace and speed...say, a good Non-Ped Whippet. Then, if you are lucky, you'll get pups with speed AND stamina.

Cheers.

• Like 2

Why the hell would anyone put a Deerhound type over a pure Saluki, if they were wanting lamping dogs ?? If you MUST use a pure Saluki, then the Sire has to be something with early pace and speed...say, a good Non-Ped Whippet. Then, if you are lucky, you'll get pups with speed AND stamina.

Cheers.

I must say I agree there , a non ped whippet that's proved itself would be my choice .

Av always liked thw sound of a deerhound. x grey x saluki for day work but a think they will make good lampibg dogs also. My pup here is saluki collie beddy whip grey. Ideal lamping dog and day time work 21tts but is quick and a up and at em dog

a good whippet ,alot of folk after a 1st x saluki /whippet should have no probs selling pups, my bitch is whippet x 3/4saluki/ghd and she takes everthing fast. i used a non ped ,but there are some good peds out there too, use a bigish whippet though :thumbs: