Weights & body building

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

What a ridiculous pile of nonsense..........what a miserable life it would be if folk just settled for what they have and had no desire to improve........no point doing overtime when you already have

Buttermilk is the colour of my hair!!! Body builder i have never been, i'm into keeping fit. A mate of mine is a body builder, i take him out on the hil and he's fooked within half an hour of tramping

lab I know I promised not to show the lads this but I think they would be proud of your progress Keep up the good work pal :laugh:      

as 5 times Mr Universe he sort of knew his stuff when it came to building a better body :yes:

Eddie?

The man himself, you know him like :thumbs:

My dad was a bodybuilder all his adult life and knew him

He never passed his genes on to you then you scrawny ginger man bag wearing fanny lol .........

Get f****d Muscle Mary :D

You want to know the secret of Socks's training regime?

4 cans of Guinness and a block of cheese for breakfast :D

Lobster tube 3 to 4 times a day!

If you do loadsa weights when your young its handy later on, i hit the weights for a month or so and then its hey look at me shouldering my 80 all day without sticks.

Protein shakes smakes, porridge cooked breakfasts and beer plus the gym, sorted!!

Chris

If you do loadsa weights when your young its handy later on, i hit the weights for a month or so and then its hey look at me shouldering my 80 all day without sticks.

Protein shakes smakes, porridge cooked breakfasts and beer plus the gym, sorted!!

Chris

What's lobster tube?????

Chris

my favorite site

Chris

my favorite site

Oh right I see..... A wankers site!!!....:-)

Very interesting seeing how conversations of this nature always end up in a " im the biggest man " or " i know the biggest and strongest man " or " heres a picture of my 20 inch arms " mentality.......

Regardless how far any of us take strength or fitness i believe its all about achievement within ourself and the personal success you take when matched into yourself its not about the man your standing next to.........we can all do the easy things in life but to make our mind up to do the stuff that hurts for no reward apart from personal achievement,to push against the barriers put in front of us in order to get to where we want to be......thats what ive always loved about gyms.

People who think they are all that walking the streets because they have a big mouth or a big reputation and will stab you at the drop of a hat and that makes them hard..............yet once in the gym they cry like little girls and theres no man in them they are forever searching for the real character thats within them.....they dont know how to work hard,to push beyond and through those physical barriers in front of them........its in the gym where many folk find out a lot about themself and their own standing as a man........thats what ive always loved about gyms.

I believe its a tragedy that a man can go through his whole life without ever really discovering his real physical potential,the competetive element of bodybuilding will be for very few men but the purest and most rewarding competetive element is when we focus on ourself and succeed in the goals we set ourself.

Having been in gyms practically my whole adult life and having owned gyms for the last 11 years its been a long journey with more questions than answers much of the time but if the rewards you lads can get from personal achievement make you as happy as mine have then its a journey worth going on.......all the best :thumbs:

• Like 3

Contentious post warning ......... :laugh:

A good post above from Gnasher, well written, by an obviously intelligent, articulate bloke (or he could always be Buttermilk, we'll never know, it's the internet haha)

I'd say such blokes were in the minority in bodybuilding circles though!

I made a comment somewhere on here about a shithouse rattling around in a huge body, and my experience of I'm sorry to say the majority of bodybuilders I've met on my journey (albeit mostly the ones attracted to door work) have been cowards hiding in a self constructed suit of armour.

My own opinion of bodybuilding? It's a good place to hide a coward!

Bodybuilders are generally vain, selfish, self absorbed, BORING men.

Who gives a shit how big they are, there's ALWAYS someone bigger, better cut, more defined than they'll ever hope to be, I just don't see the point.

The gym near where I used to live was full of gay little wannabee gangsters, injecting HGH (nice lump on the back of your neck mate!) and are full of all kinds of counterfeit gear, just little no mark inbreds who aren't ever going to contribute to society.

I don't doubt it requires dedication and obsession, that's not what I'm saying, I mean that these ridiculously large beings might look like warriors, but shove them out the door to earn their keep and it's soon obvious what they are (mostly)

As Wilfy said, I've met quiet demure little men, who would knock your fooking head off and tie you up in knots in 2 seconds, they are the men who deserve the respect (again, in my opinion)

I've been big and lean, I've been big and fat, and I've been lighter, I've got to say that I much prefer being lighter these days, I like the way people are with you like this.

A good mate has started strong man training and competition, now that I can see a purpose for, train harder, lift heavier and there's no hiding, even that though, he looks like he's heading for health problems with the excessive food and resulting weight he carries.

Like i said, just a perspective.

Not sure what " contentious " means......and who buttermilk is i dont know.......

Im not presuming anything Mr Strongstuff as we all have our own understanding and experiences......but could it be your experience/understanding of bodybuilding is dictated by doormen ?......of which on a worldwide scale probably make up less than 1 per cent of bodybuilders.

Maybe its not bodybuilders who are vain selfish self absorbed boring men..................but doormen who just happen to be bodybuilders ?......

Theres plenty of idiots who think working on a door is some kind of glamorous " im a tough guy " occupation of which they are truly not suited in a real situation......whereas anyone can walk into a gym and train big small fat or thin...without having to be a big tough guy.....so where is most of the bullshit in a gym or standing on a door ?

I have absolutely no respect whatsoever for this new age of trendy pretty boy visual deterrent im a big hardman " door supervisors "......yet theres plenty of what id call respectful old time club bouncers who are as genuine as the job itself...........i dont know you but the way you come across id guess your of the second group i describe.

You say you dont understand bodybuilding thats fine.....i dont understand a lot of things it dont mean im going to rubbish them and the people that do them......i agree theres pricks involved in the sport the same as their is in any sport or hobby but i truly believe the good outweigh the bad.....as a quick example theres a polish lad comes into the gym who is an amazing physical specimen,a genetic freak,a body cast of stone....any phrase you like........he is also very arrogant,very self centred and very loud.......................on the other hand there is a 9 stone weakling of a man been training a few years,very quiet and respectful who is what is termed a hard gainer,very quick metabolism and quickly burns off anything he puts on,but still has made small gains to his physique through hard work and discipline.....this lad gets every bit of respect and admiration the polish fella gets if not more.................personal achievement is the biggest factor in bodybuilding.....not who is the biggest.

Edited by gnasher16
  • Like 2