bunnies hiding...

mid-morning mole patrol with Gyp :D

molepatrol27-04-07.jpg

retrieved live to hand! :icon_eek: he won't bring back rabbits, but he'll retrieve f*****g moles! needless to say, it wasn't live for very long, nasty little b*****d! :laugh:

Guest Ditch_Shitter

Do Not consider eating Moles!

My old mate, Chris H. (He of the swan in the freezer and on the plate) had sampled most aspects of gastronomic deviance by the time I last saw him ~ alive (!)

I clearly remember his grimace when he spoke of trying out " One of those little Muscle Men ". If you could picture his face as clearly as I am now? Ye really wouldn't bother! :sick:

"Muscle Men " are Off!

nice one... how are you going to cook it :D

:sick: i should think it'd be like chowing on a gobfull of elastic bands! bugger that! it's out in the garden, the cat can eat it if she wants :laugh:

Good on Gyp :clapper: . I am yet to see a mole in real life, yet the feids out the front of my house is full of them :blink:

got f*****g hundreds here! give me your address and i'll post you one :laugh:

i'm saving them up to make a nice waistcoat :D

Guest Lurcherbitch

Good on Gyp :clapper: . I am yet to see a mole in real life, yet the feids out the front of my house is full of them :blink:

got f*****g hundreds here! give me your address and i'll post you one :laugh:

i'm saving them up to make a nice waistcoat :D

So what time of day/night do they come out?? I got tons of mole hills............but never seen one of the little fuckers :laugh:I even encourage my mutts to go dig for em, but they look at me like i'm stupid.........yeah yeah, we know they got that right :laugh:

So what time of day/night do they come out?? I got tons of mole hills............but never seen one of the little fuckers :laugh:I even encourage my mutts to go dig for em, but they look at me like i'm stupid.........yeah yeah, we know they got that right :laugh:

they're usually about early in the morning, or just as it's starting to get dark. that's when they're close to the surface, or above ground. the one Gyp got was particularly thick, near the surface at about 11 ish, didn't take much for gyp to dig down an inch or two & find it.

i've never had to encourage Gyp to dig for them - his sense of smell is phenomenal when it comes to subterranean thingumyjigs! he digs up lumps of flint buried a foot down. moles are no problem ;)

mid-morning mole patrol with Gyp :D

molepatrol27-04-07.jpg

retrieved live to hand! :icon_eek: he won't bring back rabbits, but he'll retrieve f*****g moles! needless to say, it wasn't live for very long, nasty little b*****d! :laugh:

a good moleing dog would be sought after :yes: and youre spending far too much time with him ,youre starting to lookalike :laugh: meant in a nice way

a good moleing dog would be sought after :yes: and youre spending far too much time with him ,youre starting to lookalike :laugh: meant in a nice way

um, thanks... i think :laugh: my friends think he looks more like Captain Jack Sparrow!

he is a cracking little moleing dog. but there's bloody hundreds round here - for every one we catch, 2 seem to move in & take its place... :(