had enough of bull xs

thats it no more bull xs for me, nice stroll today and the good dog went mental, poor old chap walking his russell only growelled at the bull x and he went for it shaking it about like a rag doll, so quick boot to get him of the poor chaps mutt and he then does one over the mountain would not cum bk to call so after looking for him for an hour and finally catching him, he is no longer with us which is a shame as he was a grand worker and had no reverse gear, but cant be having a dog like that so thats my season over with and start a fresh yet again but staying away from the bull xs in future

• Like 3

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

IMHO dogs like this should be left for their work not walked about in public amongst the common or garden dog walkers.....it's a disaster waiting to happen as can be seen. Some dogs are good at their

Have you had the dog from being a pup ? Perhaps the trainer may be more to blame than the dog ?   Cheers.

dog leads work well also. When you have been around bull breeds you learn to have eyes up ya arse and understand what you have on the end of the lead. The dog took it as a threat the terrier having

IMHO dogs like this should be left for their work not walked about in public amongst the common or garden dog walkers.....it's a disaster waiting to happen as can be seen.

Some dogs are good at their work but that's all.

Shame about your dog matey.........and a shame about the old fellas dog too.

• Like 16

dog leads work well also.

When you have been around bull breeds you learn to have eyes up ya arse and understand what you have on the end of the lead.

The dog took it as a threat the terrier having a pop and didnt come back after a boot as it probably thought it would get another.

• Like 9

i dont know whats happend to the dog maybe i dont want to, but i would of put it away in its kennel for a day or two let yourself calm down and reflect, then make a decision, the bullx can be a handfull and people should be aware of this, either way i would have waited especially as you said the russel was the instigater, you must of frightend the dog for it to run off from you

i new the dog breed him and always worked him hard and was always out with hounds and u muppets that say put a muzzle on him and he shouldnt b walked in a public place dnt no nothing about dogs, my dogs are always in public and have been brought up to respect other dogs, wots to say [bANNED TEXT] ur in a farm yard and the family pet is about the yard and your dog turned on it get a grip it was a hard decision but in my eyes the [bANNED TEXT] one. how would u feel like it if your dog had been attacked whilst out on exercize GET A GRIP and dnt slate me

i new the dog breed him and always worked him hard and was always out with hounds and u muppets that say put a muzzle on him and he shouldnt b walked in a public place dnt no nothing about dogs, my dogs are always in public and have been brought up to respect other dogs, wots to say [bANNED TEXT] ur in a farm yard and the family pet is about the yard and your dog turned on it get a grip it was a hard decision but in my eyes the [bANNED TEXT] one. how would u feel like it if your dog had been attacked whilst out on exercize GET A GRIP and dnt slate me

mine have been ataked not nice thats the hole point of muzles if ya dog is ify round other dogs and no we are not muppets we are just trying to give you some advice if ya dont wont it may be you shouldn't have put this post up ? Edited by the gafer
  • Like 1

been there done it and aint repeating it again.No matter how carefull you are theres a moment when you just get caught out.I had 2 bullx lurchers and they aint for me,saying that if you just work em alone and walk em late at night and dont bring em into public places then they wont be a problem.I kept bull terriers for over 20 years and was always on full alert,thankfully these days I dont need that mentality any more.just my opinion.

a lot of dogs would do that not just bull cross you cant trust them you should no your dog.

true, any dog can kick off , all dogs should be on leads in public. Ive had other lurchers far more dog agressive than bullxs , on my 3rd one now, and he is great with other dogs, and great with people , its how you bring them up (any dog) bullx its just a dog :yes:

• Like 2

why would u want to keep a dog in a public place with a muzzle on ive had bull xs for the last 15 yrs i mite of been a bit harsh but he worked day along side or terriers and nite, could of been anyone walking that russell a young teenager or kid, could of had good money for him on ere and it been passed from pillar to post and turned again prevention is better than the cure in my eyes. the dog wasnt a youngster he was a 5 year old

most working dogs have that killing in them ive keep patterdales my old patterdale dog the times ive saved him from being killed by a bull cross.he will start it evrey time he thinks he is the same size but i can see it cumeing before it kicks off.but the thing is with bull cross thay have pit in them so getting them to stop is a job in its self.not running you down mate becuse dont no you or your dogs.but if it was me i would no that if a dog turns on my bull cross he will kill it or try to.