deer attacked by 2 dogs bbc news

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Ripped to shreds but still alive!

More to the story...   Coppers must of been on the sence rapid..   I would never leave my dog, accidents happen after all.

Shame for the dogs they look half decent. Surprise surprise it was white vans

Ripped to shreds but still alive! :blink:

Exactly...what a load of bollocks. Anyhting they see killed by a dog is always "ripped to shreds"..............idiots!! Although i'm glad these dogs have been picked up. Hopefully they'll go to someone who look after them and not just ditch them when the going gets tough.

more like they will put the the dogs down, and as above (ripped to shreds) big dogs like that dont think so.? If it was in the day any type of dog will go for deer its natural, seen a boxer go for 1 in the day it nearly died of heart attack not built to run lol. had a border terrier that would lock on to to bullock never mind a deer , think Tod must have touch border in him lol . Hope the dogs are make it, and not put down. :yes:

Exactly...what a load of bollocks. Anyhting they see killed by a dog is always "ripped to shreds"..............idiots!! Although i'm glad these dogs have been picked up. Hopefully they'll go to someone who look after them and not just ditch them when the going gets tough.

more like they will put the the dogs down, and as above (ripped to shreds) big dogs like that dont think so.? If it was in the day any type of dog will go for deer its natural, seen a boxer go for 1 in the day it nearly died of heart attack not built to run lol. had a border terrier that would lock on to to bullock never mind a deer , think Tod must have touch border in him lol . Hope the dogs are make it, and not put down. :yes:

I know some labs that will bring a deer down if they dont get out the way..... :yes: Hope the dogs find a nice hunting home, even if the new owners have to pretend to be anti hunting to get them... ;)

I know some labs that will bring a deer down if they dont get out the way..... :yes: Hope the dogs find a nice hunting home, even if the new owners have to pretend to be anti hunting to get them... ;)

Black Lab I had retrieved a Red deer calf in the middle of a pheasant drive on an estate in Perth, was a right scrawny specimin though.

Want to have heard the noise the c**t made :icon_eek:

Deer was released unharmed. :cray:

FTB

• Like 2

Black Lab I had retrieved a Red deer calf in the middle of a pheasant drive on an estate in Perth, was a right scrawny specimin though.

Want to have heard the noise the c**t made :icon_eek:

Deer was released unharmed. :cray:

FTB

Once upon a time there were a few athletic labs that spooked deer when out for a walk and when they panicked and hit fences they were held.......The End... :Dby Enid Blyton

• Like 2

I'm guessing they wouldn't have got away with calling it an accident.

deer have been taken like this by wolves for a very long time and if we hadn't killed them all they still would here.

frozen planet shows a wolf bringing down a bison and gets nominated for a bucket load of awards. a dog pulls over a deer and the owner gets nominated for a stretch inside :hmm: its a crazy world were living in :laugh: :laugh:
  • Like 1

surprised it weren't pregnant :rolleyes:

It probably was at this time of year it would have been well on, considering they give birth to their young in May .

They are pregnant during the normal stalkers doe cull so makes no odds really.

Well it does really as after January 31st we accept that the pregnancy is that far forward we generally leave them alone unless they are infirm or showing signs of being injured where only then we consider from a point of view to cull it, but a healthy animal normally would be left to carry it pregnancy through.

During the Doe cull from after 31st January we concentrate on last years doe kids to make the numbers up.

There are exceptions to this rule of course where they are considered to be doing damage to new plantations but there again it depends on the cull program, but as stated they are normally left.

I personally refrain from culling the matriatic does at the end of the second week in January for that very reason.

Regards

Stu

Edited by Caprelous