Border Collie as a deer dog????

Aye border collies are one of the brighter breeds i reckon they could pick it up ,but some are hyper would they stay sitting lieing down at the bottom of a high seat as some breeds would ?.

Not exactly a fully trained deer dog but one of my kelpies has a great nose for deer and I often use her for a spot of "weekend deer watching."

Last year she found a kid in my local wood which, not only had I walked past several times, but my other two kelpies had also not noticed. Oddly, she doesn't show any signs of wanting to give chase which I would have assumed could have explained her keener interest in them than her sister and uncle. (Sorry: not very good English in last sentence...end of the week teaching 6 and 7 year olds all week) :icon_redface:

Edited by Neal

yes bill payer I am on my third collie as a trained deer dog, good dogs and can be trained to bark when they have found

the deer which is abonus when they run into thick trees. I been lucky none of mine have been gunshy but it can be a

problem with a lot of them best to buy a pup from confident parents.