Kennel insulation/heating

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A lot of people seem to forget that a running dog in peak winter condition is carrying next to no fat to insulate them and need that extra bit of heat to help recovery after a hard days work when the

i use block built kennels that the dogs have to jump into the entrance is 2 blocks high the floor ir boarded then coverd in shavings then the whole kennel full of straw so the dogs have no choice but

I have a good insulated Kennel, heated with a Pig lamp, but im afraid he prefers this.

Posted Images

Does having plastic kennel walls not cause condensation?? hence causing damp bedding??

I think to stop condensation you would need some sort of vent, in doing so you'd be giving the warm air an escape route. This is the reason I used ply on my sleeping boxes but if it wasn't for the condensation that plastic would be ideal.

from experience, i find ply also keeps in condensation, unless their is holes to let it out.

Not in my kennels :thumbs:

:yes:Good to hear that fellah...

I see a poor old jukel sleeping on some boards, on a chain, under a mobile home the other day...

Perhaps I should have minded me own business,..I usually do,...but, ..I just felt I had to say something...

Such an action invariably back fires, and can get emotional,.with me generally ending up on me arse.. :laugh:

However, I had a victory with these guys, and as I passed by checking me mole and rabbit traps, I noticed a wee box , stuffed full of shredded paper, had now been provided...

The jukel, a Saluki type , was tucked up nice and snug, with his head poking out,...

I may be getting senile, but,.. I swear he was smiling at me... :laugh:

'Work them hard, and treat them like Heroes'..... :thumbs:

then they chuck um straight behind quarry and wonder why they cramp an pull monkey muscles