Tench regulated BSA Ultra pellet group test with Si Pittaway

Hi everyone,

This is a new review and test of Laura my fiancées BSA Ultra shooting various brands of pellets in the indoor range at my work.

Since the last review I did the Ultra has been regulated with a Tench regulator, fitted and thanks to Phil8282 from the Hunting Life Forum, Airgun Section.

In this review I try 4 different quality brands of pellets with 3 different sizes (4.51mm, 4.52mm and 4.53mm) and shoot them at 27 yards to see which pellet works best in the rifles barrel for accuracy.

As you will see if you watch the whole review the JSB Exacts at 4.53mm are absolutely brilliant in this rifle producing 5 shots going basically through the same hole less 1 or 2 mm at the very most.

These will be the pellets that me and Laura will use form now on with this rifle for hunting quarry and HFT competitions.

Enjoy and I hope the lads that have been asking questions about good pellets for the BSA Ultra will get a good steer of which pellets to look at trying first.

ATB

Si.

The clip may take 10 mins to 15 mins to process on YouTube before it can be viewed as its only just finished uploading at 2336 hrs.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DOhsW4fWF80

Edited by zini

Hi Si

a Great review on the BSA Ultra :thumbs: you have done the ultra proud! :thumbs:

and some cracking shooting too.

looking forward to the NV units.

PS. i have been using the H&N ftt in 5.53 to great affects in the HW97KT .22, review on that soon!

Davy

Edited by davyt63

@ Davy,

Thanks pal :thumbs: .

I look forward to watching your review on your new rifle too pal.

With what you were telling me on the phone the new rifle is a cracker.

Si.

Edited by zini

Hi Chris,

Glad to hear it pal you won’t be disappointed I promise you.

This is my 3rd Ultra. Ive had 2 x .177's and 1 x .22 model from Shay on here and all of them have been amazing rifles and I would quite happily put this Ultra against any sub 12 foot pound hunting rifle currently on sale on the market (including the real expensive models) knowing that it would do itself and BSA proud.

Like I’ve said many times on this forum, the Ultra is over looked tonnes due to it being a cheap PCP rifle and people thinking that if its cheap its got to be below average in use, but in there cases they are cheap but well above average bordering on phenomenal especially in the accuracy department.

If BSA were to fit a straight bolt cocking design like on their Scorpion model I think this rifle would be the best rifle on the market for its price, accuracy and quality closely followed by the AAS200.

Si.

Edited by zini

first time i seen the little ultra i had a hold and it just felt so right just didnt like the low shot count but as i seen you have had urs regged that when i get one will def be getting done any way cracking video si and top shooting as always :thumbs:

More video!!!

SI your getting so prolific, I cant afford to download em all! (pay as I go Mobile dongle).

Stick em on a dvd for me buddy, Actually thats another money earner for H4H and T4BT's.

Vermin hunters TV on a monthly didgest (subscription) DVD?

Something for you to think about buddy?

Few quid a month, tenner for a quarterly etc? Have a think Buddy, I'll help out if needed for you.

Oh what did I look like on the dvd re lamps :oops:

Tony

Hi Villa buddy,

It's defo got the accuracy of a top end gun.

I actually think most new model pcps and a lot of the springers from top makers are more accurate than the shooter.

It just takes proper pellet analysis to find the best pellet for the barrel. All you have to do then is shoot the rifle with attention to the marksmanship principles to get good results.

Si.