oxcroft kennells

I can remember a lot of us in the mid lancs f&mwtc trying to rescue a border dog in the biggest queer fellas home at the side of a main road for 4 days and then a few years later i got told it was a stunt to put the pedigree borders strain on the map is this the same line or was the dog realy lost to ground

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

terry dugan and jack price had the same russell they got them from e furness, dugan reckoned they were the real deal.

well i know a few men keep russells with these lines that can go [bANNED TEXT] back to 78 i think ...of course he bred high priced borders once word got round but sure hey a lot of the old timers did.

shows what you lot no jacks russels were as good as any in the country at the time alot called MICK or NELL if you dont believe me ask jp as in the other jp

I've known Jack Price for 63 years, bred and born in the same village of Shuttlewood :thumbs: we where both miners I worked at Oxcroft colliery from where the prefix originated from, I can remember bumping into Spratt over the fields not far from where we lived when I was in my teens, he had with him about 10/12 terriers and he kept control over them with a whip.

I seem to remember him having some russells which were white with abit of tan and some brown spots and on the leggy side, very pleasing to the eye :thumbs: In my opinion Spratts a good dog man and the dogs bollocks :thumbs:

Edited by sowhat
  • Like 2

An old aquaintance of mine had a Price bred Russell in the 70's. Did a lot of fox work with the dog and rated him very highly. He used the dog over as many bitches as he could, which was a lot.

Many of the russells around the Glasgow area will go back to that dog all those years ago. Smooth, leggy, quite strong.

• 2 weeks later...

An old aquaintance of mine had a Price bred Russell in the 70's. Did a lot of fox work with the dog and rated him very highly. He used the dog over as many bitches as he could, which was a lot.

Many of the russells around the Glasgow area will go back to that dog all those years ago. Smooth, leggy, quite strong.

Hi Stevie my old man has been posting foties of those very terriers you speak of on moochers but he's not clever enough to get them on here although one of his mates took one of JNR and BIG JOCK from moochers and reposted in the tribute to Big Jock (TAIT) on here.

well i know a few men keep russells with these lines that can go [bANNED TEXT] back to 78 i think ...of course he bred high priced borders once word got round but sure hey a lot of the old timers did... sold pups for big money i mean....didnt mean to say they kept there proper working stuff outa site ... well i have seen some a this stuff and lets just say if the men digging the black dogs seen the right 1s too then they wouldnt be so quick me thinks to judge the russells ... :thumbs:

• Like 2

well i know a few men keep russells with these lines that can go [bANNED TEXT] back to 78 i think ...of course he bred high priced borders once word got round but sure hey a lot of the old timers did... sold pups for big money i mean....didnt mean to say they kept there proper working stuff outa site ... well i have seen some a this stuff and lets just say if the men digging the black dogs seen the right 1s too then they wouldnt be so quick me thinks to judge the russells ... :thumbs:

im struggling to find descent duggan dog i find them that speak about them have never owned or seen 1 work.

terrys son still has russells....dont know him personally like but i know a man who does and is trying to wrangle a pup lol.... ha i have known of some russell pups out of these lines too be dead at 18 months... noo reverse and demon noses...also seen other russells not from terrys lines but from a few other well known russell mens stuff and easily single handidly killed foxes on a regular basis :yes: