Bear Grylls Adventurer Dies In Wild

Rannock Moor leading into Glencoe is a desolate place no doubt about that, not a place i would like to chance my hand at survival in winter conditions. Even in Summer its a Barren environment with small peat lochs and little else etc roaming red deer, There used to be loads of Road Kill reds at the side of the road in latter years but i think those are getting few to what it used to be.

not knowing the full circumstances of how he was obtaining protection from the ellements and how he maintained warmth and food sources can only lead to conjecture of such an ill prepared existance, or it appears to be.

Sad news when you hear events like this going badly wrong and his relatives will know doubt be suffering as a result of his misguided actions. very sad but sometimes we all do things that we shouldnt do and with hindsight this lad wouldnt have done either.

id have brought tinned suplys, water purifying tabs, a few months fuel, medical supplies and a mobile phone as well as hunting and fishing gear

numpty.

you obviously have never been there cg lol

no, ive spent a few months on the street, live with very few mod cons now. lived in a caravan when i was very broke

although i cant fish for shit, if he had a cabin i cant see why it would be that bad!

id give it a go for a few months though.

id have brought tinned suplys, water purifying tabs, a few months fuel, medical supplies and a mobile phone as well as hunting and fishing gear

numpty.

no, ive spent a few months on the street, live with very few mod cons now. lived in a caravan when i was very broke

although i cant fish for shit, if he had a cabin i cant see why it would be that bad!

your cabin would be under 20feet of peat bog the min you stepped inside, would sink faster than the titanic. trust me if i had to choose i would take the street everytime. its a god forsaken place.

numpty.

your cabin would be under 20feet of peat bog the min you stepped inside, would sink faster than the titanic. trust me if i had to choose i would take the street everytime. its a god forsaken place.

:yes: Very true unless the cabin he had was sat on top of a life raft double insulated hull and solar powered central heating system with its own built in veg patch i think i would sooner kip out bollock naked in a igloo at the North Pole dipping my nuts through a hole in the ice trying to catch fish than try to survive on Rannoch moor :whistling:

you know when you see the pope kissing the ground when he lands in another country people in cars stop the car and get out at the entrance to Glen Coe and kiss the ground and thank the lord that their car hasnt developed problems whilst driving over Rannoch moor aint that a fact

Edited by Caprelous