how much bull

A mate of mine has a colliegreyxbullgrey bitch and is going to put a bullgreyxdhgh over it , im crap at percentages and wanted to know how much bull would be in pups , sire and dam both have 1/4 bull

He has said he will sort me pup cheap and both are proven workers so happy days but i dont want the bull side to make it hard mouthed on edible quarry

Atb Trinder

Tbh i thort there would be more bull in the cross but 1/4 should be ok

Cheers lads

Trinder

when its water'ed down like that like that with 3 breeds in the mix, you might not get the true temp of the bull coming through (tenacity,guts,) full on , and thats what you want from the bull in the 1st place.! A 1/4 bull to 3/4 grey are good dogs, because you just 2 breeds, and you still can get the temp of some of the bull. But the way i see it if you going to stick it in put in the mix ( 3/8 or 1/2 ) and you know you will get the benefit of the bull . :yes:

Cheers lads

Trinder

when its water'ed down like that like that with 3 breeds in the mix, you might not get the true temp of the bull coming through (tenacity,guts,) full on , and thats what you want from the bull in the 1st place.! A 1/4 bull to 3/4 grey are good dogs, because you just 2 breeds, and you still can get the temp of some of the bull. But the way i see it if you going to stick it in put in the mix ( 3/8 or 1/2 ) and you know you will get the benefit of the bull . :yes:

should make decent dogs mate.on paper they will be 1/4 bull but as said they can throw showing very little my dog is 1/4 bull and it munches the rabbits and most ive seen do but any cross can i have seen a lurcher x 1/2 bull grey and it retrieve live 2 hand and does not mark them but its only ever ran rabbits :thumbs:

Cheers lads

Trinder

ohh so true alb bunnys

Depends how there bred mate. All you've put is bull grey, without any %. For example, when you put bull/grey x collie/grey...that could be a 1/4 bull greyhound or a 3/4 bull greyhound. Same on the deerhound side. So you could have parents which are 1/8 bull or 5/8 bull. Nothing is straight cut mate.

Cheers lads

Trinder

ohh so true alb bunnys

get a dog thats been bred for years off proven stock thats the way

They both proven workers taking anything you put infront of them and ive seen it with my own eyes

As for the persentages in parents the dam 1/4 collie 1/4bull 1/2grey the sire 1/4bull 1/4deerhound 1/2grey

Atb Trinder

if you have seen what parents do mate its entirely up to you never mind the anything less than 3/8 or 1/2 shite go with what you have seen work its better than traveling 100+miles for a pup out of dogs you know naff all about and the breeder filling you full of shite when in most cases the dogs have don fook all.

Cheers lads

Trinder

ohh so true alb bunnys

get a dog thats been bred for years off proven stock thats the way

the only way can sack the odds in ya favour at bbunnys.