some advice about wich lurcher to get??

The only problem with listening to other peoples opinions is that they are other peoples opinions lol.

You can still get the 'wrong dog' according to some, but to be fair, a bit of guidance can often help.

Good luck with whatever you decide ;)

• Like 1

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

What's wrong with a traditional collie cross or a bedlington cross....everyone has gone mad for the bull cross to the point where there will be nothing but in the next few years....depends what you wa

Any dog can have a dodgey temperment but most lurchers are soft as a brush untill you stick game infront of them As for what breed thats a hard question to answer as people have different opinions ,

seen a lot of posts like this latley mate and as i keep saying only you can make that choicse

what sort of ground will youy be working, is its small fields and paddocks then somthing with whippet blood in the mix will give better accelaration, somthing like bedlington/whippet/grey or collie/whippet/grey even pure whippets can be good but not all will take fox, bigger fields may need a dog with more stanima and pace, mabey a saluki/bull/grey,

also will you be mainly lamping, ferreting ect

all crosses have there good points

jus my opinions

sam

The only problem with listening to other peoples opinions is that they are other peoples opinions lol.

You can still get the 'wrong dog' according to some, but to be fair, a bit of guidance can often help.

Good luck with whatever you decide ;)

yes you are right by there :)ill let you all no what dog i get when theres a few more litters around

what sort of ground will youy be working, is its small fields and paddocks then somthing with whippet blood in the mix will give better accelaration, somthing like bedlington/whippet/grey or collie/whippet/grey even pure whippets can be good but not all will take fox, bigger fields may need a dog with more stanima and pace, mabey a saluki/bull/grey,

jus my opinions

sam

it will be mountain ground so not too rough,well im new to all this so ill be giving ferretin ago and lamping but would have thought more lamping :)have to start shoppin around for sum pups

Any dog can have a dodgey temperment but most lurchers are soft as a brush untill you stick game infront of them

As for what breed thats a hard question to answer as people have different opinions , i would try to find a pup from working parents even if its a lurcher to lurcher cross aslong as both parents are proven workers

Hope this helps

Atb Trinder

and yes thats wher i would edge my bets atb bunnys.

jus my opinions

sam

Good advice, although I would stay away from anything too exotic as it can be a lottery with temperament. You wont go wrong with collie cross or a bedlington cross. something like a collie x whippet/greyhound would be ideal, easy to train (something a lot of owners seem to overlook!!) and will serve you well if you give it a good life...dare I say a 5/8ths Hancock or might be perfect if you want something a bit stronger!!

Edited by omegathelast