some advice about wich lurcher to get??

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

What's wrong with a traditional collie cross or a bedlington cross....everyone has gone mad for the bull cross to the point where there will be nothing but in the next few years....depends what you wa

Any dog can have a dodgey temperment but most lurchers are soft as a brush untill you stick game infront of them As for what breed thats a hard question to answer as people have different opinions ,

seen a lot of posts like this latley mate and as i keep saying only you can make that choicse

What's wrong with a traditional collie cross or a bedlington cross....everyone has gone mad for the bull cross to the point where there will be nothing but in the next few years....depends what you want to hunt at the end of the day,and what you prefer

• Like 6

Any dog can have a dodgey temperment but most lurchers are soft as a brush untill you stick game infront of them

As for what breed thats a hard question to answer as people have different opinions , i would try to find a pup from working parents even if its a lurcher to lurcher cross aslong as both parents are proven workers

Hope this helps

Atb Trinder

• Like 1

In my opinion if you want a dog just for a bit of rabbiting an the odd fox there's not a hole pile of point in putting bull in it . I'd say just go for a wise collie cross

This.

Bull isn't necessary if you are catching rabbits and the odd fox. A good collie x hound could do the job just as well. My old 3/4 hound was a beast on foxes and not a shread of bull in her. Not that i'm dissing the bull crosses.