what systems do you use.

I use elements 5 for some things, CS4 mostly and Ive just got Lightroom this week, but havent used it yet

Storage. I use the computer and an external hard drive

Edited by Romany

I use elements and CS2. I keep elements on laptop as a cannot afford CS 5, but it does most things. If I need CS 2, I use my PC.

I also use another free one, which name escapes me now, as I am not at home, but that is useful as well.

For storage, I use ext hard drives and dvd.

pay atention to lap top screens and weather you can set them up, most are just 'for photogragh' for 'games'.. no actualy options for tweeking to a printer. the newer stuff's may have screen setting options...without it your stuck with what you got.

(screen calibrators are usefull).

Above everything, the one thing you simply got to get is an external HD. If not then you're playing a game of Russian Roulette with your portfolio of piccys! When the PC decided to play Hard Ball with you and crashes and you loose everything you soon buy one! :victory: Just a thought JD

Above everything, the one thing you simply got to get is an external HD. If not then you're playing a game of Russian Roulette with your portfolio of piccys! When the PC decided to play Hard Ball with you and crashes and you loose everything you soon buy one! :victory: Just a thought JD

good point mind you, 99% of mine would be no great loss :laugh:

Many a true word said in jest Paulus. :victory: the vast majority of my early photographs are complete and utter rubbish, though i do remember at the time getting mighty excited about them. It's good to be critical about your own photography, least that way you're bound to get better and better..... :thumbs:

Many a true word said in jest Paulus. :victory: the vast majority of my early photographs are complete and utter rubbish, though i do remember at the time getting mighty excited about them. It's good to be critical about your own photography, least that way you're bound to get better and better..... :thumbs:

its worse looking back at the older pics....definatly. but theyre memory triggers.

if i get any worse i might as well get the razor blades out :laugh: still enjoy it though, only problem is im now taking the camera and not the gun and roasted pheasant photo just doesnt taste the same :laugh:
  • Like 1

thanks for the advice folks. ive already lost a lot of stuff due to a pc crashing. no really good pics. but some VERY inportant. memories. never to be replaced. so external hard drive. is

essential. what size make. ect. would you fella's suggest. cheers.