Invite today . . .

I was fortunate today to be able to take up an offer for a spot of Hunting up / Ferreting from Fert . . . He's a member from this site amongst other's that 1 or 2 might know or have even met. I met at his place just before 8 and we talked dog's for a while (as you do) over a cuppa. A short drive saw us arrive on the land that we were to walk. A good bit of ground with mainly Bracken and the odd few clump's of Gorse, we wasn't out to break no record's and so no pursenet's today just let the dog's do there thing and when needed a couple of jill's to ferret the odd warren here and there.

We had only been there for less than 1/2 hr and I thought the Bloody Weathermen had got it wrong AGAIN ! !

Ferts022.jpg

But luckily it was only the odd spot in the air so nothing to worry about. The dog's were soon finding the odd bunny but they wasn't easy to stop because of the Mild winter that we are having so far this season it hasn't knocked the Bracken back as much has it had in previous year's

I had took the camera with me today and Lamp's had lent me his decent Lens (Cheer's for that mate) to go with it, but has you can see from the next couple of pic's I need alot more practice . . .

Ferts052.jpg

Ferts043.jpg

But I reckon it was due to the low cloud cover giving bad light . . . Well it sound's good so that's what we'll go with ;)

The two dog's out today . . . Jewell and Little Minx (aka the evil cow)

Ferts018.jpg

By 10ish the cloud's had broke and the day had brightened up no end and we were steadily putting 1 or 2 onto the Carrier

Ferts030.jpg

Ferts038.jpg

It's alway's nice to get to different part's of the country for the change of scenery and all that and what scenery it was around these part's

Ferts062.jpg

Just a few pic's of the dog's at work . . .

Ferts011.jpg

Ferts058.jpg

Ferts048.jpg

Ferts051.jpg

jewellMinx1.jpg

jewellminx2.jpg

By 12.30 it was more like an early summer's day and the dog's were beginning to feel it, so we found them a stream coming down from off the hill to let them cool off

Ferts064.jpg

We decided to call it a morning after another cuppa from the flask and make our way back to the motor . . .

EOD . . .

Ferts067.jpg

On the way back to Fert's place he took me around the scenic way and just enough time for another pic . . . :D

"The Long Mynd" . . .

Ferts070.jpg

Cheer's for the morning's sport matey, See you again sometime next month for a Bash at those Scaley Tail's ;)

• Like 1

Great pics, and countryside close to my heart. Although I now live in the peninnes, I spent many a day on the south Shropshire hills ferreting or in the summer collecting billberries.

I think Shropshire would be my ideal county to live in.