terrier x spaniels?????

to who ever asked how big my patt x spaniel is i truly dont have a clue, she digs up very well and quickly to quarry and finds in huge places, she has just become abit to hard on her last few digs, losing a good few nashers and her bottom lip. am putting a good digging terrier over her that is a nice size, all the pups are sold and are going to true digging lads. i think these type of dogs either go one way or the other. either way she does for me.

seen a wee pack of these type working the hills of the borders with a keeper. I did a few days beating and then a couple on fox control, his dogs spoke freely on hot scent, but didnt go too far away on it, great for getting foxy moving from coverts, gorse banks, heather, we had some good sport over those dogs.

• Like 2
  • 4 weeks later...

seen a wee pack of these type working the hills of the borders with a keeper. I did a few days beating and then a couple on fox control, his dogs spoke freely on hot scent, but didnt go too far away on it, great for getting foxy moving from coverts, gorse banks, heather, we had some good sport over those dogs.

described very similar to how my dog likes to work :yes:

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

For the lads who work these type of dogs, what do you think terrier adds to the mix. I'm after a bushing dog next season, and I was thinking pure cocker. I like how they hunt and I like the fact that they retrieve, which would come in handy lamping rabbits with the rimmy plus the odd bird or 2. My only concern about a pure cocker is that if grabbed a fox in the cover and took a bite to the nose, would this put it off working fox? Is this why some add terrier blood?

For the lads who work these type of dogs, what do you think terrier adds to the mix. I'm after a bushing dog next season, and I was thinking pure cocker. I like how they hunt and I like the fact that they retrieve, which would come in handy lamping rabbits with the rimmy plus the odd bird or 2. My only concern about a pure cocker is that if grabbed a fox in the cover and took a bite to the nose, would this put it off working fox? Is this why some add terrier blood?

only my view it steadys them up they dont fly around LIKE A HEADLESS CHICKEN and miss the game my x bitch will retrive bird soft mouth just a handy bitch for mooching :thumbs:

• Like 1