first attempt of hedge net

bob you said something about drivel and learning nothing , well what you asked is a silly question all you do is shorten the net a bit of twine round it tie it to net and hang it back on youre hook and every time you run out of space you tie it again yo can even get an old electric reel rap it round as you go and still tie it to the set lenth you need , sory for the drivel but that how we done it as 14 15 year old kids ,if you no a bit about hunting fishing youl devise away to do it , to many come on hear without even trying a device or way round things ,not saying you but seems the computer is for poaching hard earnd knowledge rather than giving it

if you get one of the big 4 inch split rings they use to hang stiff up on market stalls you can just thread it through every time you need to clip it up and cary on :thumbs: but even simpler is a loop of string threaded through the meshes :laugh:

bob you said something about drivel and learning nothing , well what you asked is a silly question all you do is shorten the net a bit of twine round it tie it to net and hang it back on youre hook and every time you run out of space you tie it again yo can even get an old electric reel rap it round as you go and still tie it to the set lenth you need , sory for the drivel but that how we done it as 14 15 year old kids ,if you no a bit about hunting fishing youl devise away to do it , to many come on hear without even trying a device or way round things ,not saying you but seems the computer is for poaching hard earnd knowledge rather than giving it

Im sorry Whine, was my question not a high enough calibre for you, it was a bit flippant, only I spend most of my time on here wondering what the fukc your going on about. Not everyone came out the womb knowing how to knit the best nets in the land, off beer tabs ffs. The thread you mention was a load of shite, people moaning about people picking holes in things, just as you have just done. I was trying to make the point, that some people should get thicker skinned and some people should grow up, a sorta " If you dont have owt nice or constructive to say, say f**k all" Sorry Whin, I bow to your knowledge

NIce one Paul, simple when you know how eh? I had visions of me knitting backwards up the stairs into the bedroom....

another handy hint put a dog lead clip ( the swivel type) on the ring and use a loop of cord to attach it to something, will help with keep turning the net over after each row :thumbs:

Regarding hedge netting, netrigger on here gave me a good tip, you can run your nets each side of the hedge, then if you can pick up some of the orange plastic bunting they use in building sites, you can put this through the hedge, and when Rabbits are running the hedge this will push them into the nets.

i take 2 sheets of ply and slide them through the hedge either side of the set

they cant go anywhere then

gone are the days of just using nets and dogs

good idea albert, but with the bunting its light, and you can roll it up and put in your bag, what hight and length is the ply that you use?